Retrofitting 2016 Cluster to 2013? - Page 3

Veloster Turbo Forum

Retrofitting 2016 Cluster to 2013?

This is a discussion on Retrofitting 2016 Cluster to 2013? within the Veloster Electronics forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Meh, I just have a +28752km card in my console Although my cluster came from an automatic so I get the push brake to start ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Retrofitting 2016 Cluster to 2013?

This user has no status.

Meh, I just have a +28752km card in my console Although my cluster came from an automatic so I get the push brake to start message on my manual...

really gotta piss...

Here is some pics of my results and the fitment of the steering wheel trim without modification. Sticks out about 1/8 of an inch, but doesn't bother me as it's obscured by the wheel. The stars really have to align to get this done properly. Starting with getting the appropriate cluster for your model. Look for MPH/KMH readouts and AUTO/MANUAL. I found one guy in the whole state of Florida that could do the reprogram and is certified Hyundai tech. It was pricey but worth it in my opinion as the updated cluster appears much cleaner than the old +red needles FTW. Name:  20180710_092236.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  1.49 MB
    yammyboy likes this.

Spoiler alert

If anybody is looking for aftermarket gauges that "match" this newer style, I'd suggest a Defi "Racer" style with white text. I went that direction for a boost gauge and pod and couldn't be happier.
    2016 Veloster Rally Edition - Build Thread
    Performance: SXTH Remote Tune, SRI, Shifter Bushings / 60mm TB / Xenon ORHP, ORCP, 3TBS, XPVS / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback / Turbosmart Kompact BOV / Tork Boost Solenoid
    Handling: Pierce Rear Torsion Bar / Uniq Rigid Collars / Rev 75A Mount Insert Interior: JCS Pillar Pod / Defi Boost & Volt Gauges
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler Misc: Xenon XWEK / Saikou Michi OCC / Cerma Treatments

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

really gotta piss...

Good suggestion. Got any pics of your setup?

Spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by Hi*jACKER View Post
    Good suggestion. Got any pics of your setup?
    I should snap something more recent, but they have anti-reflective shades on them now, and the boost is in the top position.

Name:  IMG_20161005_164120.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  103.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20160924_194139.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  49.7 KB
    Last edited by geekdragon; 07-10-2018 at 10:09 AM.
    2016 Veloster Rally Edition - Build Thread
    Performance: SXTH Remote Tune, SRI, Shifter Bushings / 60mm TB / Xenon ORHP, ORCP, 3TBS, XPVS / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback / Turbosmart Kompact BOV / Tork Boost Solenoid
    Handling: Pierce Rear Torsion Bar / Uniq Rigid Collars / Rev 75A Mount Insert Interior: JCS Pillar Pod / Defi Boost & Volt Gauges
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler Misc: Xenon XWEK / Saikou Michi OCC / Cerma Treatments

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

Ultragauge?
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

This user has no status.

The mounting inserts are in a different position on the newer cluster so you have to cut off the 2 tabs on the trim piece and it will slide in the entire way (Might have to grind off a little bit of the surrounding plastic too but I can't remember). Anyway it should then slide fully into place and locks in at the sides anyway.

This user has no status.

Wow odd. I kind of miss my digital temp and fuel. Kind of retro80s cool vibe. I mean I don’t miss it enough to fight for it and pay for the programming but I certainly wouldn’t have swapped in my 13.
    Turbo Got Dam it
    13 Veloster Turbo Base AT
    1/2 Gut
    TB Coolant bypass
    Modded airbox
    BPV to BOV
    More to come

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links