Just an FYI?

Veloster Turbo Forum

Just an FYI?

This is a discussion on Just an FYI? within the Veloster Maintenance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Hey All, Have not been posting awhile, been busy and just reading. But anyway. Just want to pass this info on maybe, because my 13' ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skyhawk23

Thread: Just an FYI?

This user has no status.

Question Just an FYI?

Hey All,

Have not been posting awhile, been busy and just reading.

But anyway. Just want to pass this info on maybe, because my 13' whenever I try to WOT the car would backfire and stumble even when try to get some power to get on the freeway. But if I just ease on the throttle a bit it'll will be fine. So I went ahead and doing the 1422 plugs change on my 13' turbo I also went ahead and checked the resistance on the coils just to be sure the coils are not going bad but for a life of me I can't get .79+-15% all I can get is 2.6ohms. But since all mine read the same I Figure it'll be O.K. I checked all the vacuum hoses, cleaned up and re grease the Kinaguwa BOV, Also I had found the plugs that plug into the coil is very easily pull off not secure at all so I went ahead and zip tie the plug on just to make sure that the plugs stayed on.

Also I went ahead and add an extra double vacuum box mod to make the P2261 go away (hopefully). That is the only CEL that I get once every two to three tanks full.

My car was backfiring and stumble whenever I try to WOT, but after all the stuff that I have done above so far I can hit WOT without any issue. I have logged everything that I can with the Torque app for further study later, and so far after the above remedy I can hit the boost around 19psi at one point it was around 21psi on second gear at maybe 90% throttle without stumbling or any signs of backfiring.

So far so good I hope that was the fix for me. Hope the little info. Help someone that have the same or similar issue.
    lil_buddy likes this.

This user has no status.

How many miles on the car now? Where exactly are the zipties? Show a picture, please.

2.6 ohms is far too high for the primary ignition coil resistance. 15% above 0.79 = 0.91 ohms. Ignition coils should be changed every 40-45K miles.

alg
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by E9C900A View Post
    How many miles on the car now? Where exactly are the zipties? Show a picture, please.

2.6 ohms is far too high for the primary ignition coil resistance. 15% above 0.79 = 0.91 ohms. Ignition coils should be changed every 40-45K miles.
    Just checking. OP has 13 VT. Are you suggesting the coil change for all years or just the 13?

Thank you!
    2016 Veloster Turbo MT
    Hesitation Package, Bad Hyundai Dealer Package,
    Disintegrating Interior Package
    Mods:
    Odor management system: Royal Pine, XMas Tree
    Disaster Package: Hyundai spare tire
    Tork Motorsports Short Shifter
    Tork Motorsports Boost Solenoid
    Tork Motorsports Tune
    ONLY 1 small Tork Motorsports sticker. Just 1, and it was green.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

All. It’s in the maintenance schedule matrix.

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

re: the zipties

i'd imagine he had or someone had the same trouble i did and broke the clips for the connector. i've also ziptied 2 of mine on before i realized i could just pull the coil off the spark plug with the connector attached.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

Sponsored Links