Boost solenoid

Veloster Turbo Forum

Boost solenoid

This is a discussion on Boost solenoid within the Veloster Maintenance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; 16 VT manual trans. All stock, no mods, but has Tork tune since early 2018. Within 3 months of getting tuned I would notice very ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By alg

Thread: Boost solenoid

This user has no status.

Boost solenoid

16 VT manual trans. All stock, no mods, but has Tork tune since early 2018.

Within 3 months of getting tuned I would notice very slight hesitation from time to time when running above 4000rpm.
    It would never happen for the first 30 minutes of driving the car, even if that 30 minutes was going waaayyyy over 80 on the toll roads.
    At first I figured it was heat-related, but during that time it never got over 79f outside. (central Texas)

After some troubleshooting I found the boost solenoid on the back, passenger side of the engine and came back to this .org to read about it. Found comments about how the unit is known to not work too well and can leak.

Purchased a new boost solenoid from Tork (DamnFastDD.com) and it resolved the problem.

Now I can wail on the throttle all day and the power just comes on with no hesitation all the way to 6K.

The stock boost solenoid had almost come apart when I took it out at 49,000 miles.
    The 'electrical connection' part connects to the 'tubing' part with 4 plastic clips. One clip was loose and it took little effort for the unit to fall apart in my hand. The solenoid is firmly attached to the engine, yet this unit looks like it was dangling from something the last 2 years and was shaken to pieces.

No matter what amount of mods you have done, you probably need a new, non-Hyundai boost solenoid. And it will make some noticeable difference in your power output.
    DedMemBRaiNE and RPW00Mirage like this.
    2016 Veloster Turbo MT
    Hesitation Package, Bad Hyundai Dealer Package,
    Disintegrating Interior Package
    Mods:
    Odor management system: Royal Pine, XMas Tree
    Disaster Package: Hyundai spare tire
    Tork Motorsports Short Shifter
    Tork Motorsports Boost Solenoid
    Tork Motorsports Tune
    ONLY 1 small Tork Motorsports sticker. Just 1, and it was green.

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

mine too looked terrible, i think around 65-70k miles. the body of it had cracks.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

Do(ing) work

Quote Originally Posted by alg View Post
    16 VT manual trans. All stock, no mods, but has Tork tune since early 2018.

Within 3 months of getting tuned I would notice very slight hesitation from time to time when running above 4000rpm.
    It would never happen for the first 30 minutes of driving the car, even if that 30 minutes was going waaayyyy over 80 on the toll roads.
    At first I figured it was heat-related, but during that time it never got over 79f outside. (central Texas)

After some troubleshooting I found the boost solenoid on the back, passenger side of the engine and came back to this .org to read about it. Found comments about how the unit is known to not work too well and can leak.

Purchased a new boost solenoid from Tork (DamnFastDD.com) and it resolved the problem.

Now I can wail on the throttle all day and the power just comes on with no hesitation all the way to 6K.

The stock boost solenoid had almost come apart when I took it out at 49,000 miles.
    The 'electrical connection' part connects to the 'tubing' part with 4 plastic clips. One clip was loose and it took little effort for the unit to fall apart in my hand. The solenoid is firmly attached to the engine, yet this unit looks like it was dangling from something the last 2 years and was shaken to pieces.

No matter what amount of mods you have done, you probably need a new, non-Hyundai boost solenoid. And it will make some noticeable difference in your power output.
    Took me a second read of this, so to clarify for anyone new to the first gen VT, the boost control solenoid is mounted to the J-Pipe on the passenger side in the back of the engine compartment.
    The blow off (or recirculation) valve solenoid is entirely different. This is found on the front drivers side of the vehicle, near the intercooler.

Sponsored Links