Fuel filter maintenance

Veloster Turbo Forum

Fuel filter maintenance

This is a discussion on Fuel filter maintenance within the Veloster Maintenance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Hey all. I do all my own maintenance and would like to keep it that way but I don’t feel like tearing open the tank ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By trdtoy
  • 1 Post By BURN51D3

Thread: Fuel filter maintenance

Mehh...

Fuel filter maintenance

Hey all. I do all my own maintenance and would like to keep it that way but I don’t feel like tearing open the tank to check the filter, especially if it doesn’t need to be changed. 30k maintenance says to check it, but I also think I remember seeing on here that it typically gets swapped out around 50-60k so I almost feel like I can skip it. What do others think about this? I searched 30k maintenance and fuel filters but couldn’t really find the answer I was looking for, I probably missed it, I get distracted lol. Thoughts?
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package
    Performance- HKS M45XL / Tork EBCS / SXTH 3.5 SRI / SXTH Fuel Line / XE 3TBS / 60mm Throttle Body / Coolant Bypass / SXTH FMIC / HKS SQV4 BOV / SECo BOV Solenoid / SXTH Catless Downpipe / Magnaflow Exhaust / PUP / Mishimoto Catch Can / ADD W1 Catch Can / Glowshift Boost & AFR Gauges
    Handling- TurboSocks Strut Bar / Pierce Rear Torsion Beam / Pierce Crossmember / Uniq Rigid Collars / GodSpeed Lowering Springs / Continental Extreme Contact DWS

Do(ing) work

Quote Originally Posted by DedMemBRaiNE View Post
    Hey all. I do all my own maintenance and would like to keep it that way but I don’t feel like tearing open the tank to check the filter, especially if it doesn’t need to be changed. 30k maintenance says to check it, but I also think I remember seeing on here that it typically gets swapped out around 50-60k so I almost feel like I can skip it. What do others think about this? I searched 30k maintenance and fuel filters but couldn’t really find the answer I was looking for, I probably missed it, I get distracted lol. Thoughts?
    Well if you've got the fuel line on there, I'm assuming you've upgraded the pump too...
    If not, that sounds like a good excuse to upgrade, and if so, it sounds like you've checked it.
    If it looked fine, you're good. - Basically just checking for an unexpected hole / tear.

Mehh...

No, never did the pump, I was schetched out enough doing the line lol.
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package
    Performance- HKS M45XL / Tork EBCS / SXTH 3.5 SRI / SXTH Fuel Line / XE 3TBS / 60mm Throttle Body / Coolant Bypass / SXTH FMIC / HKS SQV4 BOV / SECo BOV Solenoid / SXTH Catless Downpipe / Magnaflow Exhaust / PUP / Mishimoto Catch Can / ADD W1 Catch Can / Glowshift Boost & AFR Gauges
    Handling- TurboSocks Strut Bar / Pierce Rear Torsion Beam / Pierce Crossmember / Uniq Rigid Collars / GodSpeed Lowering Springs / Continental Extreme Contact DWS

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

You'll be ok waiting. Many go over 100k and are never swapped or checked for that matter. It is a good idea to change it out to ensure it runs well.
    DedMemBRaiNE likes this.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' 2.073
    1/8 8.752 @ 85.68 MPH
    1/4 13.421 @ 105.57 MPH

Do(ing) work

Quote Originally Posted by DedMemBRaiNE View Post
    No, never did the pump, I was schetched out enough doing the line lol.
    Honestly the easy part is the pump. - MUCH less sketchy than the line.
    DedMemBRaiNE likes this.

Mehh...

Awesome, thanks guys!
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package

Sponsored Links