Belt replacement - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Belt replacement

This is a discussion on Belt replacement within the Veloster Maintenance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by geekdragon One of the cheapest parts on the car. Fairly easy to replace. I'm not going to say it's worth getting worked ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Belt replacement

Do(ing) work

Quote Originally Posted by geekdragon View Post
    One of the cheapest parts on the car. Fairly easy to replace.
    I'm not going to say it's worth getting worked up over, but it's also a dumb thing to leave until you see it coming apart.
    Put it on your "to do" list.
    Amen.

If you're itching for an upgrade TooGQ, NST pulleys are an option. If you do this, remember to get a new stud to attach the crank pulley, as they're tightened to yield. Also, as a fellow DCT owner (it should be the same on autos), keep in mind that you'll need to find a way to hold the crank pulley still to loosen / tighten it. An impact driver is almost mandatory, if not you gotta get creative.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by RPW00Mirage View Post
    60k or 6 years

Aka immediately

Use an oem belt.
    Why OEM? I just changed mine and used a Bando. Seems good so far. I used them in the past they were OEM on my last car. Now I am second guessing my choice to use Bando. Not a huge issue, wasn't too bad to replace it, will probably be faster second time around. FYI mine looked good, changed at 98k. Figured it would look good until it didn't and I don't want to get stranded. Essentially changing it is a $16 insurance policy. So to anyone out there thinking about it.. Just change it at 60K I may just start swapping it every 50K when I do my manual transmission.

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

i've never heard of bando.. but always used oem serpentine belts or oem / gates timing belts.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by RPW00Mirage View Post
    i've never heard of bando.. but always used oem serpentine belts or oem / gates timing belts.
    Bando does OEM belts for Honda and Toyota. I have owned alot of Hondas and have used Bando for some time in my Hondas. Was a little cheaper than OEM, and I figured they had worked out well in the Honda so why not.

This is what I got.
    Last edited by dhausman; 05-09-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links