CERMA Treatments/Oil/Lubricants: For the good of the order - Page 204

Veloster Turbo Forum

CERMA Treatments/Oil/Lubricants: For the good of the order

This is a discussion on CERMA Treatments/Oil/Lubricants: For the good of the order within the Veloster Maintenance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by gsrdude Yes you'll use 1/4 of the bottle!! Run the car on a 5w30 sun. It really isn't going to matter. PUP, ...

Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204
Results 2,031 to 2,036 of 2036
Like Tree1194Likes

Thread: CERMA Treatments/Oil/Lubricants: For the good of the order

Love my Marathon Blue Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by gsrdude View Post
    Yes you'll use 1/4 of the bottle!! Run the car on a 5w30 sun. It really isn't going to matter. PUP, Rotella T6, M1 EP, HM, or TDT just to name a couple available off the shelf.
    Awesome, thanks dude.
    MrPalms likes this.

This user has no #@&*s

Quote Originally Posted by geekdragon View Post
    1/4 oz or 1/4 bottle (1/2 oz)? It's a 2 oz bottle. I'd think an 1/8th bottle would be getting a bit tricky.
    Right. For cars with less than 10,000 it's 1/4 of the bottle..which is 1/2 of an ounce.

This user has no status.

Tried getting fellow BRZ/86 enthusiasts to get into Cerma. They're a tough bunch. Y'all are the true believers! Miss you! 😭

NE Ohio represent.
    orbeavhawk likes this.
    2015 A/T Ultra Black - Totaled

2017 M/T WRB Pearl BRZ

Stage 2 e85 tune | Header back Invidia exhaust | Tomei UEL header | Grimmspeed Intake and strut bar | Fluidampr Harmonic Damper | Cerma engine treatment /w Evo oil
    Rigid collars | Transmission and differential bushing inserts | Solid Driveshaft carrier bushings | Perrin steering rack locks | Continental DWS06 tires

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

CERMA Treatments/Oil/Lubricants: For the good of the order

Been awhile since I posted an update in here.

I've changed my recommendation for order of treatments.

Do turbo/nano first for ~1500 miles, then the engine treatment after the next oil change. I cleared this with CERMA John several months ago, but he insisted that the engine treatment not be added to turbo/nano-treated oil, so keep them separate.

Why treat with turbo/nano first?

Oil is typically hottest in the bearing locations, where the highest amount of friction occurs. Turbo/nano treats non-ferrous metals, meaning not only turbo bearings but engine bearings as well.

Do the exact same run-in procedure as the engine treatment. Oh, wait, it's not posted here anymore.

You can DM me on Instagram if you want the run-in procedure along with a discount code.

I recently had a new buyer treat with turbo/nano first (following my run-in procedure) and afterward he said the turbo spools quicker and earlier in the rev range by a few hundred RPM.
    Last edited by E9C900A; 06-10-2017 at 08:05 AM.

This user has no status.

Posterity bump. Nano in the VN since ~970 miles. Max. boost PSI has gone up from 15 to 16.4 (avg. high 15s), using Pennzoil 5W-30 conventional as the carrier.

AMSOIL SS 0W-20 going in @~1950 miles, along with 0.5 oz. engine treatment. VANOS treatment later in the same load.

If it aint broke, fix it until
    it is

Vanos?
    2016 VT DCT - Tech Package with a few factory extras

K&N Drop in Filter in Modified OEM Air Box | 3.5" Silicone Intake Tube | Cheap BOV | PCV OCC to AOS | Vented Crank Recirc | PUP 5w30 & Magnetic Oil Plug | 60mm TB with ORCP & Coolant Bypass | Coated ORHP | XWEK | 84400 MAP Sensor | 3TBS | Front Strut Bar and PMS Rear Torsion Bar | Torqon Rigid Collars | XPVS | Coated Catless DP (TXE + PMS Street DP w/ 90* bung) | AEM Meth Injection | ORIC v1

Click Here for build thread and pics

Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204

Sponsored Links