CERMA Treatments/Oil/Lubricants: For the good of the order - Page 3

Veloster Turbo Forum

CERMA Treatments/Oil/Lubricants: For the good of the order

This is a discussion on CERMA Treatments/Oil/Lubricants: For the good of the order within the Veloster Maintenance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by Talulu Oh, I'm not bashing it at all. I'll just sit back for a year or two and let folks who use ...

Page 3 of 204 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1194Likes

Thread: CERMA Treatments/Oil/Lubricants: For the good of the order

Banned
    Could not take instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Talulu View Post
    Oh, I'm not bashing it at all. I'll just sit back for a year or two and let folks who use it tell me how it's working. Meanwhile, I'll just use synthetic, genuine filters, and change my oil regularly--without any additives. Just a personal choice--as is yours or anyone elses for using it.
    Well put me down as the first,...in what will be a long line of happy users..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rockey.mccartha View Post
    Key word is 'his' YouTube videos and 'his' wear tests.

He needs independent, accredited and trusted expert reviews.

I hope this is the real deal. I won't put it in any motor with a warranty on it. This screams void my warranty even when it is not the oils fault. I can get around practically every other mod with the Magnussun Act, but this stuff has coated the engine and may be just the thing they need to void a warranty.
    Some one has to go first,...one of the reasons I purchased another Hyundai was because my first didn't need its warranty. I know things can happen, in my mind this erases the chance of a friction, temperature or stress failure. I don't race my VT,..never will. To those that auto cross or the like, they are at higher risk period.

Do we as a group who modifies beyond the manufacture's intent have at least some level of culpability YES. Once all my bolt on are done. I'll still use the convenience of my dealer to change my old stock tires off my stock rims to my new. When they see the changes I wont try to hide them.

This forum is nothing more than a collection of individual owners who collectively share ideas and experiences which allow others to make a good choice and decision on how to improve the performance/appearance of their respective VT's. I'm just adding what I have experienced,..from day one. Is there risk involved, yes. The benefits I have encountered though are innumerable.
    Last edited by Gaijiin; 12-28-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    Dhynes and JGunz18 like this.

My definition of cursing is
    probably different from what
    other people's definitions
    are.

Definitely, Gaijiin!! Keep us posted on how that stuff works.
    2013 VT A/T | CP High Perf Pistons | Custom Head Work | Tork Oil Pan Upgrade/Spacer | Upgraded Headgasket | Upgraded Fuel Lines | Stuffed Turbo | B&M SuperCooler Trans Cooler | NGK 1422s | Custom Tork Tune | AEM CAI | Saikou Michi OCC | 845 Motorsports FMIC | Synapse DV | Magnaflow Exhaust | Pierce HF DP | Tork Rigid Collars | ARK GT-F Springs | Pierce Street Version Strut Brace | Pierce 4-point Front Brace | Pierce Torsion Bar | 18x8 Motegi MR127s | 215/40ZR18 Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2s

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Banned
    I drive a ST!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijiin View Post
    Some one has to go first,...one of the reasons I purchased another Hyundai was because my first didn't need its warranty. I know things can happen, in my mind this erases the chance of a friction, temperature or stress failure. I don't race my VT,..never will. To those that auto cross or the like, they are at higher risk period.
    Yeah still wary until we get some proof on why a few of these have let go on non modded cars.

Once I go big turbo and upgraded internals I may look into it.

After looking into the website I have heard of this stuff used in weapons. I have a buddy who swears on it for those purposes. Pretty sure he used it on my deployment weapon before the last time we went down range because it was amazing.

Keep us updated and hopefully this guy gets this out to some independent expert testers to really put this stuff through its paces.

do i have a new status?

(now sober me)the inventor probably doesnt want to pay to test in my CB7, but that would be the perfect car for a test it has over 320,000 miles of regular oil and abuse. some from me most from strangers lol. but it would show a car being brought back to life by this stuff. maybe i will try it in that first because there is less risk with that car.
    I have three loves in life, the wife, my CB7, and my VT in that order.

2013 Ultra black M/T
    TS rigid collars, tork pipe, tint front 35% rear limo 5%, blue leds for internal lights,piaa fog lights, solo exhaust, fog light stand alone kit, K&N drop in filter, TS HKS BOV, peirce rear torsion bar
    on hand: OCC,
    Ordered: led rear reflectors, under window chrome inserts

resetting the ecu after new mod = race car lol

@Captain_Hyundai

Quote Originally Posted by rockey.mccartha View Post
    I can sell snake oil to a snake. I don't doubt the inventor talks a good game. Independent analysis by multiple experts is the only thing that will take a product like this from something people doubt and question to a mainstream product.

I want to see the 100,000 mile, 200,000+ engine tear downs that have been running this stuff from day one.

Until then I will use something that is proven. Motul 5w40. Lucky me I get it for 35$ for 5L.
    $35 for 5L?!?!?!?! Pm me this madness! Thats $20 less than i get it for

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
    Yep I can see this crap clogging up oil galleries and putting engines into an early grave.
    There are no solids in this substance. The metal itself is treated because of heat and friction as the catalyst. You confuse this with PTFE and the other "SNAKE OILS".

Sua Sponte

Well i just done reading all pages, very very interested in this. I hope its the real deal, not proud of it but life has shown me (sadly) that if it sounds to good, then its probably not. Is there any data on old engines restored back to life OP? U mentioned it works as a catalyst and that's awesome, but do u know the properties against silicone or plastics materials? Any side benefits such as lower tempts noted? The ramifications of this will b nothing short of f#+ outstanding! No more speeding on Royal or exp overpriced oils, 2ble the engine life, performance +, mpg+, i just need more data backup b4 i pull the trigger.
    VT/AT 13' Ultra Black Ultimate: INJEN, ExLED, Diode Dynamics, JunBL GT, SOLO, JCS Pods, Prosport, Billet Tech, Rally Armor, Turbosocks, 845 MS, Pierce MS, Tork MS, Titan MS, Nstyle MS, Tippett Auto Designs.

Check my Albums: My Black Beauty Vol.1 and Vol.2

Banned
    Trololololololol

A two ounce bottle sell at list for $125.00 with the website offering it at half price.

Takes one ounce to treat a motor. It's supposed to be a lifetime treatment. No more needed.

It's recommended to put it in a running motor and run it for thirty miles or thereabouts.

Don't put it in a quiet motor because it will settle to the bottom of the oil pan.

Canada ay

Stuff seems too good to be true and I won't use it until I see numerous independent studies done backing this up that aren't payrolled by the manufacturer.
    Zapper likes this.

Page 3 of 204 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links