Pure meth injection and lubricant additives

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Pure meth injection and lubricant additives within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Is anybody using an additive for their meth only injection? Im talking about castor oil based additives designed specifically for methanol like Castrol M. Im ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Gaijiin
  • 1 Post By RichieP
  • 1 Post By Gaijiin

Thread: Pure meth injection and lubricant additives

This user has no status.

Is anybody using an additive for their meth only injection?

Im talking about castor oil based additives designed specifically for methanol like Castrol M.

Im wondering if this would help to lubricate and prevent hardening of seals.
    Last edited by McPaulPaul; 11-04-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Banned
    Could not take instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by McPaulPaul View Post
    Is anybody using an additive for their meth only injection?

Im talking about castor oil based additives designed specifically for methanol like Castrol M.

Im wondering if this would help to lubricate and prevent hardening of seals.
    The only other additive I tried was M2 ( X is right) made by VP racing. Very small amount, 1/2 ounce in a gallon. Its main job was to counteract some of the oxidative nature of the meth on aluminum. I don't know what is made from, but pretty sure its not castor based.

M1 is their methanol fuel from the pump here. ***It too has propretary additives. M2 comes in a quart bottle.
    Last edited by Gaijiin; 11-04-2015 at 08:01 AM.
    McPaulPaul likes this.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijiin View Post
    The only other additive I tried was M1 made by VP racing. Very small amount, 1/2 ounce in a gallon. Its main job was to counteract some of the oxidative nature of the meth on aluminum. I don't know what is made from, but pretty sure its not castor based.
    I just checked the MSDS on M1 and cant see anything indicating castor either. I could only see M1 as a ready to use fuel though rather than an additive.. is what you used an additive to meth?

The reason I am looking at the Castrol M is to prevent corrosion. It is a castor based additive used by 2 stroke guys running meth. Also small combustion engine hobbyists that use meth.

Its not uncommon for bigger engines that run only on methanol (think sprint cars) to add a cap full of this stuff to a 20L tank as an upper cylinder lubricant and for added protection to seals etc simply because methanol burn so dry. My thoughts are to apply the same methodology to our application of methanol..

Thoughts?

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

I just use Boost Juice by Snow Performance

Banned
    Could not take instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by McPaulPaul View Post
    I just checked the MSDS on M1 and cant see anything indicating castor either. I could only see M1 as a ready to use fuel though rather than an additive.. is what you used an additive to meth?

The reason I am looking at the Castrol M is to prevent corrosion. It is a castor based additive used by 2 stroke guys running meth. Also small combustion engine hobbyists that use meth.

Its not uncommon for bigger engines that run only on methanol (think sprint cars) to add a cap full of this stuff to a 20L tank as an upper cylinder lubricant and for added protection to seals etc simply because methanol burn so dry. My thoughts are to apply the same methodology to our application of methanol..

Thoughts?
    Most of the time I have shifted to Meth alone. Even the CERMA fuel treatment I use is there only to assist in the atomization. I use only the equivalent of 1 teaspoon per gallon. It makes the meth in the tank a very pale hue of green.

After the tear down ans observations made by the techs,as you saw the valves were pristine. According to the techs, the guides and seals were too.

***Whats the availability of methanol down unda? Can you get it straight from a pump like here.
    Last edited by Gaijiin; 11-04-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    McPaulPaul likes this.

This user has no status.

Maybe I should get on the CERMA train.. I have thought about it many times.

As far as I know we dont have meth on pump. Maybe because it is illegal to run on a street car. It comes in 200L or 20L drums from race fuel suppliers. Im trying to find out if one of my dads racing friends will let me jiggle a few litres from a 55gal but most of them are interstate so ill probably just get a 20L. At least i know its clean and fresh.

I ordered the 303300 kit and should have it next week.. i have read as much info as I could find about install etc but any words of wisdom would be most welcome : )
    Last edited by McPaulPaul; 11-04-2015 at 03:30 PM.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -X- View Post
    You're looking for VP M2 (lube), not M1 (methanol). For castrol-based lubes, Blendzall is popular with the RC car crowd and has a bevy of castrol-based lubricants.
    Sorry X I somehow missed this response.

M2, got it. Have you heard of anyone using this as an additive for spraying?
    Last edited by McPaulPaul; 11-04-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Sponsored Links