VT hot pipes and how they compare

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on VT hot pipes and how they compare within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Many hot pipes are available for the VT now so here is a comparison of the ones I've tested: Just as with an intercooler, the ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: VT hot pipes and how they compare

This user has no status.

Many hot pipes are available for the VT now so here is a comparison of the ones I've tested:

Just as with an intercooler, the hot pipe adds power from increased flow, heat dissipation, and lower pressure drops. In the case of the hot pipe, higher flow is the main factor as iat drops between them do not greatly affect power.

Here are how they compare flow wise when tested on my flow rig: low number = bad, high number = good

Oem: 206 CFM
    MBRP: 206 CFM
    845 with FMIC kit: 215 CFM
    ORHP: 253 CFM
    HF ORHP: 270 CFM

Better to be smarter than you
    look then look smarter than
    you are.

Once again, what exactly did you test this with, and at how many inches of vacuum? The OEM figures just don't mesh up with anything we have found.

This user has no status.

My rig does not test based on vacuum but rather uses a given power to drive the compressor so can't be compared easily to other methods.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Buy my love with corndogs

Damnit Zapper, GTFO out of here with trying to start an argument. Who cares if trdtoy is not using a 'proper' method to calculate airflow. Based on his testing he can still tell which items flow better than stock. Stop trying to show some expertise in a field that we don't care about.

Spoiler alert

If the tests are internally consistent and repeatable, that makes his data relevant when compared against itself. He could use a leaf blower to levitate a girbil in front of a yardstick, for all I care.
    2016 Veloster Rally Edition - Build Thread
    Performance: SXTH Remote Tune, SRI, Shifter Bushings / 60mm TB / Xenon ORHP, ORCP, 3TBS, XPVS / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback / Turbosmart Kompact BOV / Tork Boost Solenoid
    Handling: Pierce Rear Torsion Bar / Uniq Rigid Collars / Rev 75A Mount Insert Interior: JCS Pillar Pod / Defi Boost & Volt Gauges
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler Misc: Xenon XWEK / Saikou Michi OCC / Cerma Treatments

Up way too late...

Quote Originally Posted by geekdragon View Post
    If the tests are internally consistent and repeatable, that makes his data relevant when compared against itself. He could use a leaf blower to levitate a girbil in front of a yardstick, for all I care.
    GLU: Gerbil Levitation Units
    2015 Veloster Turbo, A/T - Ironman Silver : Gone, but not forgotten.
    2015 VW Beetle R-Line Convertible w/Fender Audio - Platinum Gray: Apr Stage 1, Audi Headrests, Dasaita Android Radio (Must... start... modding...)

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by geekdragon View Post
    This is exactly right.

We see flow results using the same gauge and air source. The variable is the parts themselves, so we can see how they fair against each other in a consistent and repeatable test.

Successful Speeder

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
    Once again, what exactly did you test this with, and at how many inches of vacuum? The OEM figures just don't mesh up with anything we have found.
    This has become annoying. How about we just ignore your posts since your forte is to criticize rather than provide information. The only thing a test needs is consistency across each item that is tested. Then you just compare the results and you can see how each one performed. He's not producing stand alone statistics like rated HP or Torque numbers, he's just comparing the flow rate using the same standard across each example.
    2016 VT-DCT, Tech PKG (Destroyed in Wreck)
    TUNED HP/TQ: 224/258(Mustang) 242/279(Dynojet)
    Performance:SXTH 3.5" CAI, SXTH PCV OCC, Mishimoto Breather OCC, Coolant Bypass, CAT delete, Uniq Perf Strut bar, Pierce Torsion Bar, ORHP, BOV and Tork Boost Control Solenoid, HKS M40XL Plugs, 845MS Cold Pipe with HKS SSQV4, 845MS HI-FLO Catted DP Lights:DD HID 5K low beams, DD Turn as Tail, modified reverse lights, Brake light pulser, DD LED Throughout, LaminX yellow fogs

I am Groot.

Quote Originally Posted by trdtoy View Post
    Many hot pipes are available for the VT now so here is a comparison of the ones I've tested:

Just as with an intercooler, the hot pipe adds power from increased flow, heat dissipation, and lower pressure drops. In the case of the hot pipe, higher flow is the main factor as iat drops between them do not greatly affect power.

Here are how they compare flow wise when tested on my flow rig: low number = bad, high number = good

Oem: 206 CFM
    MBRP: 206 CFM
    845 with FMIC kit: 215 CFM
    ORHP: 253 CFM
    HF ORHP: 270 CFM
    Trust the user, people! The ORHP is amazing and flows with precision. I can't wait to get the HFORHP!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    E9C900A likes this.
    ::GHOST::

This user has no status.

Who makes the ORHP & who makes the HF ORHP?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links