VT cold pipes and how they compare - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

VT cold pipes and how they compare

This is a discussion on VT cold pipes and how they compare within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by Zapper I guess what I'm really saying here is you have no math or facts to back up your work. There is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: VT cold pipes and how they compare

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
    I guess what I'm really saying here is you have no math or facts to back up your work. There is a word for that unfortunately it escapes me at the moment.
    Air is pulled through the 2.75" anemometer then through the part and the compressor. The motor that drives the compressor pulls a set power, 12 amps, or ~1.9 hp. The compressor itself has a max flow of around 380 CFM.

With this setup the flow differences of parts are not ideal like conventional methods at a set pressure but does show which ones flow better than others.

This is a cheap setup to see general flow of parts as this is more of a hobby than a job for me.
    Bigbird likes this.

Up way too late...

I guess what I'm really saying here is you have no math or facts to back up your work. There is a word for that unfortunately it escapes me at the moment.
    If you were actually providing real flow numbers on real VT hardware, and not just bragging about how big your Dad's junk is, you'd get a lot more traction here. As it is, all you are doing is attacking one of the most frequent contributors to the forum without providing any real world numbers, taken from real world products, to back up your claims.

Do you really think that anyone on this forum really cares if Trdtoy calls his measurements CFM, or TFUs (Trdtoy's Flow Units)? We want to see how commercially available VT parts flow air relative to each other, across a uniform testing platform. Providing "perfect world" numbers for straight pipes is meaningless.
    Last edited by rottgrub; 12-11-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: typo
    2015 Veloster Turbo, A/T - Ironman Silver : Gone, but not forgotten.
    2015 VW Beetle R-Line Convertible w/Fender Audio - Platinum Gray: Apr Stage 1, Audi Headrests, Dasaita Android Radio (Must... start... modding...)

This user has no status.

trdtoys method of measuring may be a little unconventional but the results from his anemometer have merit.

While the numbers from the anemometer probably don't correlate to actual numbers that are occurring, they still show DIFFERENCE between parts.
    Since all of these parts are tested in the exact same environment at the same time, we can certainly see % difference between the parts in that environment and that should remain a scaled result vs real world numbers.

I completely understand wanting to use a flowbench with established testing parameters. However, I would argue that would be needed for a product advertisement of sorts, to show it's MAX flow ability under certain conditions.
    trdtoy isn't doing that, so I would argue we just present % difference vs stock, or whatever part wants to be the point of reference.
    AndroidIOSWP, JD284 and swordfish like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Buy my love with corndogs

Quote Originally Posted by rottgrub View Post
    If you were actually providing real flow numbers on real VT hardware, and not just bragging about how big your Dad's junk is, you'd get a lot more traction here. As it is, all you are doing is attacking one of the most frequent contributors to the forum without providing any real world numbers, taken from real world products, to back up your claims.

Do you really think that anyone on this forum really cares if Trdtoy calls his measurements CFM, or TFUs (Trdtoy's Flow Units)? We want to see how commercially available VT parts flow air relative to each other, across a uniform testing platform. Providing "perfect world" numbers for straight pipes is meaningless.
    He should really start using TFU's lol

This user has no status.

Seen it. What does that have to do with cold pipes, though?

Premium Member
    It's a trap!

What does it have to with the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    - Jon

GONE Black VT, MT w/ Ultimate click for build thread! GONE

||| || | |||| | ||| ||||| | || ||| ||||| || |||
    Made by Hyundai / Derailed by Swordfish

Super Moderator
    Premium Member
    I got meth...

Deleted... stay focused on the topic.
    Veloster Gone.... 2017 FoST added.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links