Breather and PCV discussion - Page 34

Veloster Turbo Forum

Breather and PCV discussion

This is a discussion on Breather and PCV discussion within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by weinerd I finally have everything routed the way I want. Attachment 100094 Pcv to catch can to tee that goes to 2 ...

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Breather and PCV discussion

Lit

Quote Originally Posted by weinerd View Post
    I finally have everything routed the way I want.

Attachment 100094

Pcv to catch can to tee that goes to 2 one-way valves. The 1st one-way is actually another pcv that routes from manifold to prevent pressurizing the catch can. The other one-way lets any crankcase/can pressure release to the intake right at the Apollo filter. The css tees into the intake at the filter too. Finally another catch can between the upper crankcase and the intake at the intake pipe. Carb compliant since nothing vents to air
    how's this working for you? always interested to hear the progress of catch can user's
    2016 VT Elite White 7-Speed DCT Tech Package
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE ORCP | XE XWEK
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | TB Bypass | HKS M45XL Plugs | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV & Oil Cap CSS Venting-to-Atmosphere

This user has no status.

No complaints. I have very little coming out of the back crankcase vent. As in maybe a drop... so little that I might ditch that can.
    The PCV can is catching a lot. It seems more with the CSS than without... the CSS plus the pcv manifold vacuum might really be sweeping the vapors and shit out...
    2016 Pacific Blue VT DCT
    TurboXS CAI with K&N Apollo or Spectre in-line filter - TurboSmart Kompact BPV - Megan front strut brace - Savanini flappy paddle shift extenders - Updated boost pressure sensor - Magnaflow axleback exhaust - Tracy Lewis clean-side separator - Dual catch cans - Roofline sharkfin vortex generators - Generic lip spoiler - Morris Club front canards - Pierce rear torsion bar

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by weinerd View Post
    No complaints. I have very little coming out of the back crankcase vent. As in maybe a drop... so little that I might ditch that can.
    The PCV can is catching a lot. It seems more with the CSS than without... the CSS plus the pcv manifold vacuum might really be sweeping the vapors and shit out...
    I have had a can on the vent for about 18 months. I check it every time I empty the pcv can and it's never had anything in it. I took it off a couple of days ago and the hesitation I have been experiencing went away. She runs a ton better now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Incognito and TooGqForYou like this.
    2016 Vitamin C VT w/ MT.

Mods: Dual OCCs, DIY SRI, disabled upper clutch switch, 60mm TB with 4TBS; Xe ORCP and coolant bypass, SXTH hot pipe, MAP/IAT Sensor Upgrade, MBRP Catback Exhaust

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Sponsored Links