First Performance mod? - Page 3

Veloster Turbo Forum

First Performance mod?

This is a discussion on First Performance mod? within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; ill prolly buy staged kits from hyundai if they offer them, that way the warranty wont be voided, i didnt have a warranty on my ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: First Performance mod?

This user has no status.

ill prolly buy staged kits from hyundai if they offer them, that way the warranty wont be voided, i didnt have a warranty on my last car so the world was my oyster as far as mods went

derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbosocks View Post
    this will be one car that I will NOT be planning on cracking open the engine or anything major because of the warranty. Bolt-ons and keeping the stock stuff in storage will prevent me from having any warranty issues.. I will just have to really resist temptation when a tune is available....
    aw c'mon.

Somebody has to take the plunge first. I want to see those rods. Brace yourself for peer pressure.

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    www.turbosocks.com

Hyundai will DEFINITELY NOT be offering any staged kits for the car. They don't even have a performance division, much less any oem aftermarket support in the states.

I would start planning some other way to tackle it.. With bolt ons, you are still going to be pretty safe from issues with warranty claims since they have to prove the modification caused whatever failure you may have. The biggest piece of advice if you do use bolt ons though and have issues, install the STOCK intake system BEFORE you take it to the dealer for a claim.

If you have engine issues, it will be EASY for them to point fingers at the aftermarket filter/system sucking something in and causing damage.

It will be much harder for them to place them blame on your aftermarket springs/exhaust, etc. for causing engine issues.. LOL..

Things to stay away from if you are worried about warranty also are anything tuning related.. The minute you take out/flash your ECM they will probably be able to figure out that it was modified.

Stick to basic bolt ons, weight reduction and suspension and you will be ok as far as warranty's go.
    BrokenEars likes this.
    Vitamin-C Vturbo owner...... with a handful o' mods.. more or less
    Now taking Bill Me Later and Credit Card Payments!!
    Turbosocks VTurbo STORE!!

Big FMIC kit, Beast Mode SRI, Rigid Collars, Diode Dynamics Dealer, Strut Bars, Coilovers, Uniq bracing kit, Oil Cooler kit, Mesh fog surrounds, Functional hood vents, Tow hooks, Resonator Deletes, etc!!!

Your one stop Veloster Turbo source for performance, suspension, lighting and great customer service!

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

VT owner 6/28/12

Mine is loaded, hard to do a worthwhile mod, so tint and a XBox. 9 days to go till I get the keys
    I do hope we can personalize them.

This user has no status.

i thought hyundais performance division was coming to the states............read it on a thread on veloster.org i think, i forgot the name of the company, wanna say it starts with a "T"

R9-D9 Needs more mods !

Quote Originally Posted by Whit3boy316 View Post
    i thought hyundais performance division was coming to the states............read it on a thread on veloster.org i think, i forgot the name of the company, wanna say it starts with a "T"
    I heard that too...in USA they are coming out with performance parts for Veloster cars.

Will installing Oil Catch Can void the warranty or not ?

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    www.turbosocks.com

haha... no.. installing a catch can will void nada.

I highly doubt their 'performance' division is actually coming here.. I wouldn't believe much on ******.. Even so, their 'performance' division doesn't consist of much but suspension as far as I have read.

Big FMIC kit, Beast Mode SRI, Rigid Collars, Diode Dynamics Dealer, Strut Bars, Coilovers, Uniq bracing kit, Oil Cooler kit, Mesh fog surrounds, Functional hood vents, Tow hooks, Resonator Deletes, etc!!!

Your one stop Veloster Turbo source for performance, suspension, lighting and great customer service!

"Ultimate Black, All
    options,Motegi Red Ring
    Wheels, Red Accents, Michelin
    235/40/18 YZ Pilot Super Sport
    tires, LEDs throughout,
    homemade CAI, Pierce
    Motorsports Strut Brace, Tie
    Rod Brace, Drilled/Slotted
    Brake Discs, PM catless
    downpipe, Magnaflow

Cool Wideband not a gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Whit3boy316 View Post
    a wideband is a gauge, kinda like a boost gauge, but it measures your cars air to fule ratio in your motor, it is vital on boosted(turbo),cars if you ever plan on flooring it without your motor going BOOM!!!!!!!
    Wideband is an oxygen sensor that is more accurate than the normal one, not a gauge. It is intended to give accurate information such as air-fuel ratio, etc. See Innovate Motorsports on how to use it with
    an LC-1 and an OT-2

Black base owner

Twanked,
    What is "plasta dip the wheels"?

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    www.turbosocks.com

means 'painting' the wheels with plasti-dip. It is pretty much like a rubbery/plastic coating instead of painting wheels..

will give the wheels a 'matte' slightly textured black look.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links