2019 VT and mods for gains (repost of Tork post from FB) - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

2019 VT and mods for gains (repost of Tork post from FB)

This is a discussion on 2019 VT and mods for gains (repost of Tork post from FB) within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; perrikwp VT showed power changes from slight IAT and ECT changes between pulls. This means it will make gains/losses from temp changes based on mods ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 2019 VT and mods for gains (repost of Tork post from FB)

This user has no status.

perrikwp VT showed power changes from slight IAT and ECT changes between pulls. This means it will make gains/losses from temp changes based on mods that effect those.

Unfortunately he never got a baseline done while stock to compare to with items that effect flow through the motor.

I will stick to my guns here though and say these cars will still make gains without a tune. Now making appreciable gains though may be another story.

But I agree in that the ones behind tuning vehicles make it more complicated as time goes on.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

So why is it that SXTH and us have both agreed you dont make any power gains? Why is it your almost full bolted car made the same power ours did on pulls with and with an intake on the car? I would like to hear that vehicle on the down and listen to the surging just like you can hear in our video. And video by chance?
    Home Of The Worlds Highest WHP and WTQ Stock Turbo VT, 277 WHP and 265 WTQ!!!
    Also Worlds Highest Horsepower Veloster with 505whp

Contact us at 253-887-8305 or email us at [email protected]

Check out our website at www.damnfastdd.com

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So why is it that SXTH and us have both agreed you dont make any power gains? Why is it your almost full bolted car made the same power ours did on pulls with and with an intake on the car? I would like to hear that vehicle on the down and listen to the surging just like you can hear in our video. And video by chance?
    Here's a video from one of the pulls, but I didn't get a video from the dyno that produced the sheet that was posted earlier:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rjruWZYmZhP8Mi777

Also, SXTH has not yet dyno'd a 2019 Veloster. My 2019 Veloster has been the only one that they have touched/modified. They originally based the description of their parts on the results from the Elantra Sport, but have since changed the descriptions once you posted something up on Facebook about not getting any gains from parts. I never got a baseline dyno, so I'm not going to argue one way or the other about whether or not the aftermarket parts I have installed contributed to the numbers I made on the dyno.

I was mainly interested in comparing it to others baseline dynos I have seen on Facebook/Instagram like the one from BTR:

That shows a baseline of 179HP/201TQ of which mine is considerably higher at 193HP/220TQ without knowing any other details about their test car, other than they are both the DCT models.

The baseline on BTR's test of the Manual model shows closer to what power I and you show that we are making (195HP/213TQ):

E9C900A likes this.
    2019 VT Ultimate

Dyno: 193 HP/220 TQ (Stock), 233 HP/258 TQ (BTR)

Performance: SXTH FMIC Kit, 3.5" SRI w/Airaid Filter/Velocity Stack, Axle-back Exhaust, BTR Tuned ECU, HKS M45XL, Boomba BOV
    Maintenance: JEGS Air/Oil Breather Filter, Mightymouse PCV OCC, Amsoil HD Coolant, Castrol GTX Magnatec Oil
    Suspension: SXTH Rear Sway Bar, Motor Mount
    Exterior: Enkei Fujin 18x8 Rims, DD SL1 LED High Beams, VTN Spoiler

Current Project: Custom Switchback DRL Lights

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

SXTH has not made any dyno comparison pulls on a 19 VT with part changes to my knowledge so you're just agreeing with yourself there if that's what you believe or have found. Other than saying no gains here but contradicting that by saying it gains 5 whp in the video and showing a graph to back that up along with a similar tq gain.

No near full bolted 19 VT have been dyno to my knowledge. Also can't compare two different cars apples to apples especially with different mods and much different ambient conditions and corrections used.

I think perrikwp has a video but not sure how good it is. I know from in car I could not tell it was doing anything like that nor was anything apparent in a data log. All I saw was that it made better tq than I expected to see on a stock tune and that it varies by gear, IAT, and ECT.
    Last edited by trdtoy; 10-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    '15 Auto VT

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Yes the bottom shows right about the same power that we have. now is this with a tune or any sort or removal or limiters? Would just be very strange for them to be able to throw on mods to the car on stock tune and gain that sort of power and no one else can

This user has no status.

The second dyno line in both of those graphs is with a tune. No mention if the tunes are from completely stock cars or with mods included. They are supposedly releasing their canned ecu tunes on their store soon.
    DCT: https://www.instagram.com/p/BovAVZ_ApSk
    Manual: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoxGlgIgzgV

Also, I have been talking with SXTH and we are going to schedule a time for me to come down there and spend the day dynoing, first without any mods and then adding each mod back to see if my car is actually responding to the mods and actually producing any noticeable gains.
    2019 VT Ultimate

Dyno: 193 HP/220 TQ (Stock), 233 HP/258 TQ (BTR)

Performance: SXTH FMIC Kit, 3.5" SRI w/Airaid Filter/Velocity Stack, Axle-back Exhaust, BTR Tuned ECU, HKS M45XL, Boomba BOV
    Maintenance: JEGS Air/Oil Breather Filter, Mightymouse PCV OCC, Amsoil HD Coolant, Castrol GTX Magnatec Oil
    Suspension: SXTH Rear Sway Bar, Motor Mount
    Exterior: Enkei Fujin 18x8 Rims, DD SL1 LED High Beams, VTN Spoiler

Current Project: Custom Switchback DRL Lights

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

That has to be with a tune on the previous dyno charts. We did exactly that put one part on see how it reacted and then moved on. It did nothing.

This user has no status.

I'm curious to see what a 19 VT does stock, then with parts added on the dyno, while keeping parameters the same or very close for apples-apples comparison. Not many companies out there do this across various platforms.

Tork, since you seem to be the only one thus far to do this, can you post screenshots of parameters in a datalog at max hp and max tq and parts on car for comparison?
    '15 Auto VT

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

We have already posted dyno charts and a Video of before and after results of a stock put and a pull with an intake on the car... You want datalogs and screen shots do it on your own time lol

This user has no status.

We have already posted dyno charts and a Video of before and after results of a stock put and a pull with an intake on the car... You want datalogs and screen shots do it on your own time lol
    I always do that on my own time and share the info. Just have not done so with different parts on a 19 VT yet which you have done apparently. So curious if you cared to share data other than dyno charts and car did this just because or because I said so type stuff.
    '15 Auto VT

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links