Low RPM miss? ECO mode stall when hard accelerating?

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Low RPM miss? ECO mode stall when hard accelerating? within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Have anyone else experienced what seems like a miss at low RPM when accelerating hard? I had mine in ECO mode entering the freeway and ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    This user has no status.

Have anyone else experienced what seems like a miss at low RPM when accelerating hard? I had mine in ECO mode entering the freeway and it almost stalled when I punched it. I would think its related to the turbo design, but I am wondering if anyone else has the same condition.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I never knew there was an ECO mode... is this M/T or A/T and I can't see this happening on either transmissions unless your literally stalling out on first gear. Give us some more information, did you WOT where it felt like you didn't have any power for 1-2 seconds and then it kicked in, if so, this is what we call a Drive By Wire which in this case it sounds like you want to correct the issue with something like this Sprint Booster For Hyundai Genesis
    Last edited by NoXiDe; 08-12-2012 at 06:57 PM.

POWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

I have noticed a sputtering when accelerating hard.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

My 2013 Turbo has a ECO mode (its a switch on the lower left side of steering wheel) I have an auto and when I punched it on a freeway on ramp (ECO mode) it just about died for a split second but chugged back to life. It was quite a surprise. Whent the RPM's are higher, say 2500 and above I don't sense this "missing" I think it has to do with the turbo programming so you don't get the turbo lag. Even when not in ECO mode I get a sense of a low RMP miss. It just not a smooth acceration curve when starting from a stand still. When going from 60 to 80 its very quick but the turbo pressure is up by then.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

Yeah, I do recommend not driving it in ECO mode though... especially when your in the mood for spirited driving. Also I don't know what you mean by (punched it) but if you meant you meant WOT than that's completely normal for it to feel like it didn't do anything due to the Drive by Wire. This was a surprise to me as well when I drove my Genesis Coupe.

Kinda sad...

Maybe it's knock that you guys are experiencing. Try a higher grade octane of gas and see if it goes away.
    Confused...

Helloooooooooooooooo.

I had a couple times where the A/T would jerk suddenly from 1 to 2. Looked in the manual and found it was normal for a new car and would sort itself out after some driving. Something about the transaxle computer aligning or whatever. I haven't noticed it after 50 miles.

POWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Not knock, I read a review where they had the same issue. The power didn't feel smooth. My buddy who is a tech also mentioned it on the other VT that he did a pdi on. Maybe it will sort itself out. I haven't had my car in a week so I couldn't tell you if it's still doing it. Found some damage to the paint under the headlights so the dealer has sent her off to the bodyshop for repainting. Whoever assembled her wasn't paying attention when they installed the headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
    Maybe it's knock that you guys are experiencing. Try a higher grade octane of gas and see if it goes away.

It was a wonderful 3 years
    VT.org!!!

I find that it "knocks" also especially when in low RPMs acceleration in city traffic using ECO. It has kind of a miss-fire feel to it. I just accelerate a bit more and it goes away. If you take off ECO, it goes away. So my thinking here is that ECO mode is the culprit.

POWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Mine is the base so I don't have eco mode.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links