Places that can DYNO/Tune in the Southeast???

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Places that can DYNO/Tune in the Southeast??? within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Just picked up a '16 RSpec. Didn't realize finding a place that can DYNO/Tune a Hyundai would be so difficult. I live in the Middle ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By E9C900A

Thread: Places that can DYNO/Tune in the Southeast???

This user has no status.

Just picked up a '16 RSpec. Didn't realize finding a place that can DYNO/Tune a Hyundai would be so difficult. I live in the Middle TN area, and called about 10 places within 200 miles radius, and none of them could tune Hyundai. Not a fan of getting a canned tune, but may have to resort to that. Any suggestions help.
    Last edited by Life.On.2; 12-02-2018 at 07:02 AM.
    Straights are for fast bikes... Curves are for fast riders.

Ham-Fister: One who has no throttle control, yet relies on dumb luck to keep themselves from looping and/or crashing.

Life Lesson #22 - Have good friends that know how to fix sh*t.

This user has no status.

Leonard ( Trdtoy) dyno tuned my 2017 R Spec. He is in NC. Also 6th element in SC.They both on this forum.
    Last edited by yammyboy; 12-01-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    2017 Blue R Spec , PMS 26mm ft bar,J-craft 20mm r sway bar,, 2&4 PT brace,FTB,& trunk brace,65A mounts,RC, ,Koni's,Ark-gtf sprs, 17X8 +45 rims, BF A/S 235-45-17, carbon fiber , XEHP, XECP, Borla CB,6th CAI, 6th DP,TBBP,dyno tuned by TRDTOY.

2017 White Value Edition NAV , sipin gas,pms torsion bar,megan tower brace,rigid collars,meagn axle back, sequence spoiler, skirts,front lip.custom graphics.

2017 -Yamaha FZ10, gray , my compy 10 sec rocket,lots of mods.

This user has no status.

Thanks. I would def go with 6TH if I decide to do a drop in tune. I looked up the address to their S. Carolina facility and it would be an overnight trip for me. Don’t know if I can justify driving 6-7 hours, hotel stay, taking a day of work. Hoping to find someone in the TN, KY, AL, or northern GA area.

Ham-Fister: One who has no throttle control, yet relies on dumb luck to keep themselves from looping and/or crashing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Buy the things needed to flash a tune to the car and just about any tuner can tune it and you can go back to stock or to another tune any time you choose. Or find someone close with the things needed and use it to flash a tune with once sent to them.
    Last edited by trdtoy; 12-03-2018 at 10:56 AM.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

This user has no status.

You might want to see if Buckhead Imports Performance (BIP) in Atanta still tunes VTs. A couple of people had them do dyno tunes a few years back.
    Life.On.2 likes this.

This user has no status.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Life.On.2 View Post
    Thanks. I would def go with 6TH if I decide to do a drop in tune. I looked up the address to their S. Carolina facility and it would be an overnight trip for me. Don’t know if I can justify driving 6-7 hours, hotel stay, taking a day of work. Hoping to find someone in the TN, KY, AL, or northern GA area.
    in one of the fb groups theyre talking about a possible group buy for lap3 tunes. its a new ecm with a tune already on it so its more expensive since you're buying the ecm as well as the tune. i dont have any experience with them or their tunes but the optima/sonata guys swear by them. That group buy would be through 6TH who i guess are working with lap3 as a tune distributor or something like that. also, i recently got a "street" tune done by 845 which still isnt a dyno tune but the next best thing. the cool thing about that is that they will come to you for a travel fee-not sure how far they're willing to travel though. i know if you get a group of people near you interested in getting tuned they'll travel to do a tune event, if you feel like doing a bit of legwork to organize such a thing.

This user has no status.

Appreciate the replies. I will have to look into 845 and BIP. Atlanta wouldn't be a bad trip at all for me. Haven't heard of 845. Keep seeing the same names as far as an Etune or "Canned" tune... 6TH, BTR, and Vivid.

This user has no status.

SXTH isn’t independently tuning anymore, but as mentioned they’ve established a relationship with LAP3 and offer their tunes.

They might be able to do a live dyno tuning session with an LAP3 tuner, but you’d have to work that out with SXTH.

The best tunes are a combination of dyno tuning and real world (street/application) tuning. Canned tunes generally suck and are not customized enough for all exact components and intended usage.
    Last edited by E9C900A; 12-12-2018 at 12:58 PM.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by E9C900A View Post
    SXTH isn’t independently tuning anymore, but as mentioned they’ve established a relationship with LAP3 and offer their tunes.

They might be able to do a live dyno tuning session with an LAP3 tuner, but you’d have to work that out with SXTH.

The best tunes are a combination of dyno tuning and real world (street/application) tuning. Canned tunes generally suck and are not customized enough for all exact components and intended usage.
    E9C... When did SXTH stop tuning? I know they were over the summer.

This user has no status.

I recently found out SXTH will still tune, but only at their location.

Sponsored Links