Pierce DP installed - Few questions - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Pierce DP installed - Few questions

This is a discussion on Pierce DP installed - Few questions within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll PM you soon TRD. Ty, anyone here in the valley you know that can do a tune without a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pierce DP installed - Few questions

This user has no status.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll PM you soon TRD.

Ty, anyone here in the valley you know that can do a tune without a dyno? My VT is my daily so I can't have it sitting waiting for the ecu to be shipped out then returned..
    2014 A/T VT:

Pierce Hi Flo Catless DP | 6EE Short Ram Intake (Gold Taped) | ORCP (Gold Taped) | ORHP | 3TBS | 60mm TB | XPVS | 75A Mounts | WGA Adjusted | Rigid Collars | Generic OCC | 6EE Fuel Line | XWEK | 160 T-stat | 120 psi rad cap | DW65c fuel pump| Splash of flex fuel | HKS 45XL | **RN-TUNED**

1978 Datsun 280z - Stock

Rose

I have the latest XE Hot Pipe and can confirm it makes a difference.
    E9C900A likes this.
    2014 Boston Red, A/T
    6EE SRI, MBRP Pro Series Exhaust with Tips, XE HF ORHP, 6EE Red Cold Pipe, Turbo XS BOV 225/40/18 Yokohama Advan Sport A/S, Konig Control Matte Black Wheels, Megan Racing Strut Bar, Pierce Upper Rear Brace, Pierce Rear Torsion Bar, Pierce 2 Point Lower Tie bar, 2 Red OCC

This user has no status.

I think I figured out why my smell is sometimes unbearable..I didn't replace the lower gasket, nor do I remember even seeing it come down...Hoping this will help. Stuck my head under the car and the fumes are strongest there, not under the hood, or the rear. Must be leaking?
    2014 A/T VT:

Pierce Hi Flo Catless DP | 6EE Short Ram Intake (Gold Taped) | ORCP (Gold Taped) | ORHP | 3TBS | 60mm TB | XPVS | 75A Mounts | WGA Adjusted | Rigid Collars | Generic OCC | 6EE Fuel Line | XWEK | 160 T-stat | 120 psi rad cap | DW65c fuel pump| Splash of flex fuel | HKS 45XL | **RN-TUNED**

1978 Datsun 280z - Stock

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

If it aint broke, fix it until
    it is

Quote Originally Posted by MircFSC View Post
    I think I figured out why my smell is sometimes unbearable..I didn't replace the lower gasket, nor do I remember even seeing it come down...Hoping this will help. Stuck my head under the car and the fumes are strongest there, not under the hood, or the rear. Must be leaking?
    possibly leaking. Easy fix and cheap. As far as a tune, there is a dude here who can flash you an 845 tune for relatively affordable. DynoComp can dyno tune you pretty much on the spot (obviously youll need to be at their facility with your car for a couple hours). That option is more expensive but as you can guess, probably a bit more dialed in that just flashing a canned tune from 845 (which is still a good tune tho).
    2016 VT DCT - Tech Package with a few factory extras

K&N Drop in Filter in Modified OEM Air Box | 3.5" Silicone Intake Tube | Cheap BOV | PCV OCC to AOS | Vented Crank Recirc | PUP 5w30 & Magnetic Oil Plug | 60mm TB with ORCP & Coolant Bypass | Coated ORHP | XWEK | 84400 MAP Sensor | 3TBS | Front Strut Bar and PMS Rear Torsion Bar | Torqon Rigid Collars | XPVS | Coated Catless DP (TXE + PMS Street DP w/ 90* bung) | AEM Meth Injection | ORIC v1

Click Here for build thread and pics

Do(ing) work

That is absolutely part of the issue. They're pretty cheap and available on Amazon even.
    Also, make sure everything is lining up properly. If there's a little sag or anything like that at the flange, they won't sit flush, and you'll have an exhaust leak.

This user has no status.

Are you talking about the upper portion of the DP, those suckers could possibly be tighter? It's lined up fine at the lower/flex section.

I just replaced the gasket as well and it definitely helped. Before this I would smell fumes even with the windows up and recirc on. Now I can't, but if I'm in traffic, sometimes I'll feintly smell it..

Quote Originally Posted by BURN51D3 View Post
    That is absolutely part of the issue. They're pretty cheap and available on Amazon even.
    Also, make sure everything is lining up properly. If there's a little sag or anything like that at the flange, they won't sit flush, and you'll have an exhaust leak.
    2014 A/T VT:

1978 Datsun 280z - Stock

Do(ing) work

Are you talking about the upper portion of the DP, those suckers could possibly be tighter? It's lined up fine at the lower/flex section.

I just replaced the gasket as well and it definitely helped. Before this I would smell fumes even with the windows up and recirc on. Now I can't, but if I'm in traffic, sometimes I'll feintly smell it..
    I was referring to the flange between the downpipe and the exhaust piping.

This was alluded to earlier, but did you purchase the complete downpipe from Pierce? The one that replaces the stock elbow as well? If it replaced the elbow, you should have a gasket that is against the turbo that should have been replaced too. Typically I'd be more worried about over-tightening the turbo studs than them not being tight enough, but that's me.

As for the connection between the downpipe and exhaust, any sort of misalignment is going to lead to horrible fumes, and will likely not throw CEL codes (I forget where the CAT is on the 2014s though). Not that I speak from experience or anything.

This user has no status.

I have the budget piece, not the full elbow. The cat in the 14s is in the lower part of the downpipe. I didn't get a full DP because I'm scared I'll break a stud off. Found this for a good price used and am happy with it. Definitely made a big difference throughout the rev range.

Quote Originally Posted by BURN51D3 View Post
    I was referring to the flange between the downpipe and the exhaust piping.

This was alluded to earlier, but did you purchase the complete downpipe from Pierce? The one that replaces the stock elbow as well? If it replaced the elbow, you should have a gasket that is against the turbo that should have been replaced too. Typically I'd be more worried about over-tightening the turbo studs than them not being tight enough, but that's me.

As for the connection between the downpipe and exhaust, any sort of misalignment is going to lead to horrible fumes, and will likely not throw CEL codes (I forget where the CAT is on the 2014s though). Not that I speak from experience or anything.
    2014 A/T VT:

1978 Datsun 280z - Stock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links