Lots of oil????

Veloster Turbo Forum

Lots of oil????

This is a discussion on Lots of oil???? within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Has anyone got any idea why the veloster AND veloster turbos spit soo much oily smoke out of the pipes? I've noticed on alot of ...

Thread: Lots of oil????

Stay clean, Stay sporty.

Lots of oil????

Has anyone got any idea why the veloster AND veloster turbos spit soo much oily smoke out of the pipes? I've noticed on alot of ARK's videos as well as whenever i nail it i can see smoke in the rear view mirror.

Note: I'm not asking if this is a problem, Because I've seen it on plenty of V's and VT's I'm just curious if theres any reason why???

(E.g. my old rotary burned oil intentionally to keep the apex seals well lubed.)

2013 Veloster Turbo - Elite White || Rally Armor Mud Flaps • Rola Roof Rack • Sexy Brake Calipers • Hella Supertones • Debadged and White'd Out

VT retired.

When you check your oil level on the dip stick, are you actually noticing the level dropping? Also, what color is the smoke your seeing?
    Retired: Ultra Black 2013 Veloster Turbo A/T.

Running: Casablanca White 2014 Genesis Coupe 2T M/T

Status Declined. Please try
    again.

Is it oil or petrol? Perhaps the engine is just running a bit rich in these cars. I wouldn't like to think that a new petrol engine was burning oil at all

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Stay clean, Stay sporty.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo 'ToonSter View Post
    When you check your oil level on the dip stick, are you actually noticing the level dropping? Also, what color is the smoke your seeing?
    I've only got 200 miles on the car so I haven't checked the oil

I guess what I'm wondering is why it burns oil and not if. Not sure though I could be oblivious about something haha.

See this video:

2013 Veloster Turbo - Elite White || Rally Armor Mud Flaps • Rola Roof Rack • Sexy Brake Calipers • Hella Supertones • Debadged and White'd Out

VT retired.

Brand new exhaust pipe could be burning off oils left in the pipe from manufacture.

Depending on outside conditions, could be condensation your seeing.

Most likely you are seeing a little puff of smoke coming from a rich air/fuel ratio. When you first hit the gas, a fairly large dump of fuel is release into the engine. At first it will be rich until the turbo spools up and creates the positive pressure the engines ECM is expecting. Once turbo is pressurizing the intake manifold and exhaust pressures rise accordingly, that little puff of smoke from the intial fuel dump is pushed out the tail pipes all at once.
    Last edited by Turbo 'ToonSter; 08-23-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Stay clean, Stay sporty.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo 'ToonSter View Post
    Brand new exhaust pipe could be burning off oils left in the pipe from manufacture.

Depending on outside conditions, could be condensation your seeing.

Most likely you are seeing a little puff of smoke coming from a rich air/fuel ratio. When you first hit the gas, a fairly large dump of fuel is release into the engine. At first it will be rich until the turbo spools up and creates the positive pressure the engines ECM is expecting. Once turbo is pressurizing the intake manifold and exhaust pressures rise accordingly, that little puff of smoke from the intial fuel dump is pushed out the tail pipes all at once.
    I see it about mid-day sunny about 75-80 degrees out hmm... I do run 91 instead of lower grade, but i cant see it making that much of a difference.

VT retired.

Fuel grade won't change the air/fuel ratio.

Keep an eye on your oil level and let us know what you find.

Sponsored Links