Methanol Mix Tests Science Over Fiction - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Methanol Mix Tests Science Over Fiction

This is a discussion on Methanol Mix Tests Science Over Fiction within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Wrong type of meth lol...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Methanol Mix Tests Science Over Fiction

This user has no status.

Wrong type of meth lol
    swordfish likes this.
    2013 Elite White Ultimate VT/6MT
    Current: SFR STS, Custom Tune | 20% tint | Saikou Michi S1 OCC | PMS Strut Brace, Rear Torsion Bar, 4 Point Brace | Rigid Collars | 845 FMIC, DP, Catback | Injen CAI | DD 6000K HID Low Beam, LED interior | TWM Shifter Cable Bushings | Synapse DV | KSPORT Kontrol Pro Coilovers | TTR Upper/Lower Motor Mount
    Future: 845 Turbo Kit, Headlight Mod | AEM Water/Meth | GC Bumper Conversion | exLED Headlights, Rear Reflectors

home alone

Quote Originally Posted by Gerid View Post
    We had cops come in to O'Reilly's back when I worked there one day and told us that if anyone came in to buy anything over 5 bottles of heet besides a shop customer to give them a call LOL! Never had it happen, but I had some people buy a bottle or two that looked like there car wasn't in need of it but there 'body' was! Good findings Swordy!!
    That was the premise of my quote earlier. When my spouse and I were foster parents we had to sit through many training classes. One of which was about Crystal Meth labs and how to spot them. Heet is an ingredient of such cooking as they call it. Buy a few cases and popo be on you like white on rice on a paper plate in the middle of a snowstorm.

AEM CAI, Borla Exhaust w/Borla tips, TS FMIC, TS Rigid Collars, Pierce Catless DP, Billett Grille, TS Oil Cooler, OCC, Full Stereo upgrade, Tippett Designs reflector delete & functional hood vents, Precision LED interior LED's, Prosport Boost & EGT gauges, MGP caliper covers, Rally Armor flaps, Unique Strut tower brace, Ark GT-F Springs, Pierce rear torsion bar, fog deletes, pierce crashbar, Hayden trans cooler, dual Saikou Michi OCC, rear wiper delete, custom BIP tune 192WHP/290TQ

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
    OK, so I've run some sudo-scientific tests to evaluate some of the solutions we are attempting to blow into our motors with our Meth Injection Systems.

Mind you this is pretty much off the cuff, and I had a beer prior so the actual results may vary.

For the test I used a new bottle of SuperTech -20 washer fluid from my local Walmart, a 4+ year old bottle of sealed Peak -20 purchased at BJs about 4 or so years ago. Well, before we moved to our current house so... say 5 to be safe.

Our measuring device is an American calibrated Proof/Tralles intended to measure purity of distilled spirits. So the ABP (Alcohol By Percent) should be roughly accurate, however this test will not account for adjuncts or any addition possible chemical ingredients.

To start the test, I measured drinking water (as they were out of distilled water) from a sealed jug. It measured at 2%, and give that out correction for temps was about -2, I think we were right on track.

Next I measured a bottle of yellow HEET, purportedly 99% Methyl Alcohol. It rang in at 101~102, hard to tell as the scale sort of ends at 100. But I'd call that accurate.

Second was the sealed bottle of ST -20, and I read it to be 45~46, so given the correction factor it's 43% Meth/Water!

Up finally was my vintage bottle of Peak -20. It measured out to an astonishing 43 (41 corrected)!!!! If the seal is intact and it's stored away from sunlight it really is not that volatile! I guess I should go find a new bottle of Peak to be sure.

Next I added the full bottle of HEET to the ST -20, and it brought it up to 54, so that's our 50/50 mix. Bottle of cheap -20 washer fluid and a bottle a cheap fuel de-icer.

Argue amongst yourselves.
    Washer fluids will clog the nozzle over time. The dyes inside of the washer fluids likes to collect at the nozzle and will eventually create a problem.
    Home Of The Worlds Highest WHP and WTQ Stock Turbo VT, 267 WHP and 295 WTQ!!!

Contact us at 253-887-8305 or email us at [email protected]

Check out our website at www.damnfastdd.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Banned
    I drive a ST!

Quote Originally Posted by TorkMe View Post
    Washer fluids will clog the nozzle over time. The dyes inside of the washer fluids likes to collect at the nozzle and will eventually create a problem.
    As long as you properly maintain it by cleaning once every 6 months and change the filter media once a year then it is a non issue.

I have seen washer fluid clog nozzles but the systems were never properly maintained.

Banned
    Could not take instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by TorkMe View Post
    Pure methanol will NEVER clog,....unless you shit in the tank. Even then it would probably dissolve it and run. LOL.

Having said that AEM's system is very user friendly including the inline filter media.

Banned
    I drive a ST!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijiin View Post
    Pure methanol will NEVER clog,....unless you shit in the tank. Even then it would probably dissolve it and run. LOL.

Having said that AEM's system is very user friendly including the inline filter media.
    It also produces no visible flame when burning and is highly flammable. Washer fluid is not.

I will take a properly maintained kit using washer fluid over 100% meth and burning to death if what we are doing is attempting scare mongering.

Let's hope no on defecates in their meth tank. Can you imagine the hydrogen and methane mixing!!!! OMG. Lol

Gerid likes this.

MLSTROM LIVES! With new built
    engine.

Its gonna be hard to shit in the gas tank...gonna need to insert tube in pucker hole to provide optimal flow path of shit. Would also need to prep with some exlax to ensure peak mixture
    Check out my build thread...https://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/m...silver-vt.html

Breaking in the new built engine with forged goodies and stuffed turbo.

Fuiwin

Sudo-scientific? I ran some grammar tests and they all came back pseudo-acceptable
    tCizzler likes this.

Premium Member
    It's a trap!

Quote Originally Posted by Eriktass View Post
    Sudo-scientific? I ran some grammar tests and they all came back pseudo-acceptable
    it's unix command line
    -X- likes this.
    - Jon

GONE Black VT, MT w/ Ultimate click for build thread! GONE

||| || | |||| | ||| ||||| | || ||| ||||| || |||
    Made by Hyundai / Derailed by Swordfish

Fuiwin

man i gotta get my waders
    tCizzler likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links