Veloster Turbo 1.6 TGDI Engine Developmental Analysis - Page 3

Veloster Turbo Forum

Veloster Turbo 1.6 TGDI Engine Developmental Analysis

This is a discussion on Veloster Turbo 1.6 TGDI Engine Developmental Analysis within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by TorkMe Compressor maps and GDI cars need to have a grain of salt thrown in for good measure. Just two weeks ago ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Veloster Turbo 1.6 TGDI Engine Developmental Analysis

Banned
    I drive a ST!

Quote Originally Posted by TorkMe View Post
    Compressor maps and GDI cars need to have a grain of salt thrown in for good measure. Just two weeks ago I did what the Mazda community said was impossible. To make 340 WHP on a stock MazdaSpeed turbo. The compressor maps say its impossible, but we did it. Not only that, but I still feel that there is additional room to grow with his tune because we did that 340 + WHP on pump gas and methanol injection. The car is also missing a few parts, so with those remaining parts, I suspect that 350 WHP is going to be possible with the factory turbo on the MazdaSpeed.

I suspect that people are going to assume that 300 WHP is impossible with the VT turbo, well I hope to make that a possibility here soon.
    300whp would be awesome on a VT.

There are lots of the same naysaying on the ST forums about not being able to hit 300whp on the stock turbo which is the same size as ours.

Anything is possible with time invested, quality fuel and a good tune.

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    300whp would be awesome on a VT.

There are lots of the same naysaying on the ST forums about not being able to hit 300whp on the stock turbo which is the same size as ours.

Anything is possible with time invested, quality fuel and a good tune.
    I know we have been close with the factory intercooler in place. If we can make 270 + with the stock intercooler on pump gas... then a good intercooler and race fuel should allow us to make it happen!!! It will take a lot of boost to make happen, but I don't doubt that it will happen eventually.
    Home Of The Worlds Highest WHP and WTQ Stock Turbo VT, 267 WHP and 295 WTQ!!!

Contact us at 253-887-8305 or email us at [email protected]

Check out our website at www.damnfastdd.com

Banned
    I drive a ST!

I know we have been close with the factory intercooler in place. If we can make 270 + with the stock intercooler on pump gas... then a good intercooler and race fuel should allow us to make it happen!!! It will take a lot of boost to make happen, but I don't doubt that it will happen eventually.
    Good stuff man. That will be cool to see.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Good stuff man. That will be cool to see.
    Would rile up those Ford guys for sure.
    Gerid likes this.

Banned
    I drive a ST!

Would rile up those Ford guys for sure.
    They would have a shit fit. Poor guys stuck at 285whp give or take 5whp, and now they are getting stuffed stock turbos and can't break 305whp.

With the bigger motor and the wide open tuning you would think they would be able to pull it off.

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

They would have a shit fit. Poor guys stuck at 285whp give or take 5whp, and now they are getting stuffed stock turbos and can't break 305whp.

With the bigger motor and the wide open tuning you would think they would be able to pull it off.
    You would think...maybe there engine is to big
    Home Of The Worlds Highest WHP and WTQ Stock Turbo VT, 277 WHP and 265 WTQ!!!
    Also Worlds Highest Horsepower Veloster with 505whp

Banned
    I drive a ST!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Maybe.

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

That ECU is a super pain in the ass! Ford actually put road blocks inside of it to screw with the tuners. What I find funny, all the tuners are terrified of the knock settings inside the ECU, yet that car knocks like hooker at a big rig gas stop!!! If someone were to actually monitor knock in relation to pre-ignition, rescale the knock sensor tables for "actual" knock then I bet those guys would start seeing 300 WHP. You put a mount on the Focus and it picks up twice as much knock as it did before the mount was on the car. I took a look at getting into that market, then realized... its a very impatient market (this is me being polite).
    wesg631 likes this.

Supporting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I doubt that, but anything is possible.

Banned
    I drive a ST!

That ECU is a super pain in the ass! Ford actually put road blocks inside of it to screw with the tuners. What I find funny, all the tuners are terrified of the knock settings inside the ECU, yet that car knocks like hooker at a big rig gas stop!!! If someone were to actually monitor knock in relation to pre-ignition, rescale the knock sensor tables for "actual" knock then I bet those guys would start seeing 300 WHP. You put a mount on the Focus and it picks up twice as much knock as it did before the mount was on the car. I took a look at getting into that market, then realized... its a very impatient market (this is me being polite).
    I was very unhappy with my car and almost made the switch to the ST side. I noticed they tend to be far more impatient than VT owners. It is because they don't have our magical 3rd gear.

Luckily things have really progressed and I am in love with my car again and can't wait to get my ECU sorted by you guys.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links