Short throw shifters out there

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Short throw shifters out there within the Veloster Performance forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; BPS sts- Hyundai Veloster Short Shifter 2012+ Hi quality billet steel shifter that is aftermarket shifter only. Comes with a pull up reverse lockout adapter. ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Short throw shifters out there

The boost is real.

BPS sts- Hyundai Veloster Short Shifter 2012+
    Hi quality billet steel shifter that is aftermarket shifter only. Comes with a pull up reverse lockout adapter. Shifting rod and handle kit. Either silver or matte silver.
    Specs: .25" shorter, 35% reduction. Fits all model years. $209.95. Shifter cable bushings and base bushings available for an additional $30.00 ea.

Cosmo sts- Street Tuning Auto Piece BMW Performance Parts - COSMO Racing
    Available through turbosocks and 845motorsports I believe as well.
    Billet steel aftermarket shifter only. Comes with a pull up reverse lockout adapter. Shifting rod, handle, and base bushings.chrome knob only.
    Specs: website claims up to 60% reduction depending on model. Unclear how much the reduction actually is. $154.50 shifter base bushings come with it.
    Says it fits all models although I've heard their may be some compatibility issues for 2014 model(I could be wrong)

SFR- appears not to be listed on their site. after market shifting rod only made of cnc steel. Uses stock shifting knob. 2013 and 2014.
    Specs: .5"height reduction, 25% shift reduction, around $220, no shifter bushings available.

Tork-https://damnfastdd.com/Products/Show/Hyundai+Veloster+Turbo+Short+Throw+Shifter
    Full plug and play shifter assembly swap. Shifter rod pre-installed in new assembly. Available for 2013 and 2014.
    Specs: no height reduction, 40% shift reduction, $249.50. No shifter bushings available.

B&M: available through parts department at Hyundai dealerships only. Part number is 2V11R ADU00. Shifter rod only.
    Specs: shift and height reduction unclear. However is shorter. Stock on r-spec models. Parts manager quoted price. $500, $435 at whole sale price. No shifter bushings available.

Shifter cable bushings: also available through TWM and torque solutions. May possibly be available through 6th element engineering.

If I missed anything or posted anything incorrectly please let me know. As I said before I would love some input or reviews from members who have these parts installed so we can have a one stop shop for people who are considering this mod.
    Last edited by wiggums; 09-27-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    Contain, SkittleZ and MrPalms like this.
    2013 M/T Ultrablack

Magnaflow Cat Back, Turbotech lower engine mount, hankooks ventus s1 noble 2, Pierce catted DP, Tork sts, Tork Big gulp sri, Tork OCC, Tork pipe, Tork Stage 1 custom Tune, TSW 18X8 BARDO matte black, uniq strut bar, turbo xs bov, pierce rear torsion bar, 6EE SS Fuel Line replacement, v emblem rebadge.

Wishlist: A crap ton of stuff I'll never be able to afford. Haha

Premium Member
    It's a trap!

Cleaned and stickied! Nice research.
    wiggums likes this.
    - Jon

GONE Black VT, MT w/ Ultimate click for build thread! GONE

||| || | |||| | ||| ||||| | || ||| ||||| || |||
    Made by Hyundai / Derailed by Swordfish

The boost is real.

So does anyone have any more information on these shifters? Especially the Cosmo. Would love to know what the actual shift reduction is.

-Alex
    2013 M/T Ultrablack

Magnaflow Cat Back, Turbotech lower engine mount, hankooks ventus s1 noble 2, Pierce catted DP, Tork sts, Tork Big gulp sri, Tork OCC, Tork pipe, Tork Stage 1 custom Tune, TSW 18X8 BARDO matte black, uniq strut bar, turbo xs bov, pierce rear torsion bar, 6EE SS Fuel Line replacement, v emblem rebadge.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Banned
    I drive a ST!

I installed the cosmos over the weekend the shift reduction is significant they claim up to 60% and you can definitely tell. I would say it is between 40-50%.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411463113.233719.jpg
Views: 3205
Size:  193.0 KB

LitosWay likes this.

parts just building up

It might be the best option. @turbosocks needs to do another group buy

The boost is real.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    I installed the cosmos over the weekend the shift reduction is significant they claim up to 60% and you can definitely tell. I would say it is between 40-50%.
    Damn that looks good. I just wish these kits all came with the cable bushings as well. The price kind of slowly sneaks up on you. I'm going to have to pull the trigger on one of these soon...then a lower engine mount, then a down pipe, then rims...oh yeah and um tires, yeah tires. (Starts twitching and breathing hard)
    Last edited by swordfish; 09-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    SkittleZ likes this.
    2013 M/T Ultrablack

This user has no status.

I got mine from turbosocks and it came with cable bushes and a new shift boot.

The new shifter feels great. Fantastic and quick technical support from turbosocks.

Love it!

parts just building up

You need to distinguish between the solid base bushes "collars" and cable shifter bushes

The boost is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhill240 View Post
    You need to distinguish between the solid base bushes "collars" and cable shifter bushes
    You're right. Will do

The boost is real.

Fixed
    2013 M/T Ultrablack

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links