Dealer Car Washes - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Dealer Car Washes

This is a discussion on Dealer Car Washes within the Veloster Turbo Detailing forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; My dealer washed mine once only once. he hosed it off and let it dry in the sun.. Its a black Veloster.. had to buff ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Better to be smarter than you
    look then look smarter than
    you are.

My dealer washed mine once only once. he hosed it off and let it dry in the sun.. Its a black Veloster.. had to buff it to get rid of the bloody water marks.

Spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
    had to buff it to get rid of the bloody water marks.
    I choose to take this literally. It seems the reasonable outcome of your friendly discussion with the wash boy.
    2016 Veloster Rally Edition - Build Thread
    Performance: SXTH Remote Tune, SRI, Shifter Bushings / 60mm TB / Xenon ORHP, ORCP, 3TBS, XPVS / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback / Turbosmart Kompact BOV / Tork Boost Solenoid
    Handling: Pierce Rear Torsion Bar / Uniq Rigid Collars / Rev 75A Mount Insert Interior: JCS Pillar Pod / Defi Boost & Volt Gauges
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler Misc: Xenon XWEK / Saikou Michi OCC / Cerma Treatments

Wanting to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by Ybnormal03 View Post
    I would trade tomato juice over 6 months of salt any day....
    Fair point...
    What's a speed limit?
    2017 Silver Subaru WRX Limited M6. Installed mods: Dash cam, De-badged.

Wanted Mods: I'll think of some....

Waiting to be installed: Curva Concepts C7 20x8.5 (come warmer weather)

Previous Car: 2014 Ultra Black Veloster Turbo R-Spec, Gave its life for My sister and I, Gone but never forgotten...

2016 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo M6, (Traded for WRX)

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Wanting to drive!

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper View Post
    My dealer washed mine once only once. he hosed it off and let it dry in the sun.. Its a black Veloster.. had to buff it to get rid of the bloody water marks.
    The one time I let them wash it was with my old Black R-Spec, regretted it as soon as I saw it... Never again...
    What's a speed limit?
    2017 Silver Subaru WRX Limited M6. Installed mods: Dash cam, De-badged.

Wanted Mods: I'll think of some....

Waiting to be installed: Curva Concepts C7 20x8.5 (come warmer weather)

Previous Car: 2014 Ultra Black Veloster Turbo R-Spec, Gave its life for My sister and I, Gone but never forgotten...

2016 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo M6, (Traded for WRX)

vrrrpssshhh

Quote Originally Posted by Venum View Post
    So, do any of you guys, when you take it to the dealer, take them up on their offer of a complementary car wash if they do offer one?
    Never.

The brushes/sponges/mitts used at dealer washes are rarely, if ever rinsed off. That sponge might touch 20-30 cars that day before it gets to yours. If you don't care about swirl marks then by all means let them wash it for you.
    2016 Veloster Turbo - 6spd
    1993 Widebody Miata - 5spd

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

Quote Originally Posted by RPW00Mirage View Post
    i let them wash it. whatever.

To this day.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

This user has no status.

A simple no from me. I prefer to do the work the right way.
    2016 Veloster R-Spec (Pacific Blue)

PEFORMANCE: 845 MotorSports ORHP, 60mm TB w/ 6EE coldpipe, Xenon Element 3.5" Modified OEM Air Intake, 845 MS Downpipe, 845 MS Super Stock Tune
    SUSPENSION: Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Bar, PM Rear Upper Strut Bar, PM 6-point Brace, Turbosocks Front Strut Bar
    INTERIOR: Diode Dynamics Full LED
    EXTERIOR: Rays GramLights from Rally Ed. wrapped with BFGoodRich G-Force Comp-2 A/S, DD 5k HID
    MISC.: ADD1 OCC PCV, Turbo XS BOV, XWEK

alg
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Venum View Post
    So, do you take the wash offer or make sure to just say no?
    Suggest you always say no, but that is probably irrelevant.

Two dealers in central Texas washed the car each time I asked for it not be washed.

They also checked my coolant res and left off the attached cap when they fixed an interior part.

Like the wash, messing with the coolant for an interior repair was another thing I didn't want them to do, but they did it anyhow.

I didn't want them to deny me a loaner car since I have an extended warranty that provides loaner cars, but they did that for me as well!

So, let's ask the question a different way:

Do the Hyundai dealers actually do (not do) what you ask, or do you suspect they just work on whatever is on the printout and we just get lucky that they don't mess up something new?
    2016 Veloster Turbo MT
    Hesitation Package, Bad Hyundai Dealer Package,
    Disintegrating Interior Package
    Mods:
    Odor management system: Royal Pine, XMas Tree
    Disaster Package: Hyundai spare tire
    Tork Motorsports Short Shifter
    Tork Motorsports Boost Solenoid
    Tork Motorsports Tune
    ONLY 1 small Tork Motorsports sticker. Just 1, and it was green.

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

Quote Originally Posted by alg View Post
    Do the Hyundai dealers actually do (not do) what you ask, or do you suspect they just work on whatever is on the printout and we just get lucky that they don't mess up something new?
    depends on the service writer. up until recently, i had a great rapport with the service writers at my local dealership. the last visit for an oil change and to see if something was in warranty, there were new folks at the desks. the guy who took care of me did not listen to me - i specifically asked if a part was covered and he said he wouldnt know unless i had the car diag'd. so i told him not to, and then he did it anyway which confirmed the part was bad with the diag... but i knew that already due to troubleshooting. long story short i left with the car, and without paying the fee. the replacement part was much less than the actual fee. and the labor to change said part was 2x the fee....
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links