Dealer Car Washes

Veloster Turbo Forum

Dealer Car Washes

This is a discussion on Dealer Car Washes within the Veloster Turbo Detailing forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; So, do any of you guys, when you take it to the dealer, take them up on their offer of a complementary car wash if ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Wanting to drive!

Dealer Car Washes

So, do any of you guys, when you take it to the dealer, take them up on their offer of a complementary car wash if they do offer one? I see how some of the car wash guys do it, they spray the car with soap and water real quick leave go move other cars or take a break, and let it sit in the sun for a while, and some don't even dry it off....

That gave me chills thinking about it. With how I wash my cars, I always make sure to say "NO CAR WASH, PLEASE!!!" before I leave, I won't subject my car to that torture and also me knowing it will take forever to take the water spots out.

So, do you take the wash offer or make sure to just say no?

My dog is faster then yours

No, cuz of matte grey. I don't have them wash the gen coupe either. I enjoy and take time washing the cars.
    2013 Veloster Turbo Matte Gray M/T ║ Drag DR31 17x8 ║ Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/45R17 (summer) ║ Koni Sport struts & shocks ║ Uniq Strut Tower Brace ║ Uniq Rigid Collars ║ TS Resonator Delete ║ K&N Filter ║ Continental ExtremeContact DWS 215/40R18 (winter) ║
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R Spec Tsukuba Red M/T ║ Hawk Street Race Pads ║ Castrol SRF ║ K&N Filter ║
    2006 Retired racing rescue greyhound Black lazy (deceased )

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Venum View Post
    So, do any of you guys, when you take it to the dealer, take them up on their offer of a complementary car wash if they do offer one? I see how some of the car wash guys do it, they spray the car with soap and water real quick leave go move other cars or take a break, and let it sit in the sun for a while, and some don't even dry it off....

That gave me chills thinking about it. With how I wash my cars, I always make sure to say "NO CAR WASH, PLEASE!!!" before I leave, I won't subject my car to that torture and also me knowing it will take forever to take the water spots out.

So, do you take the wash offer or make sure to just say no?
    unfortunately it isn't even an option for the matte paint since they don't hand wash it, I was always jealous of other cars getting this treatment in the winter/snowy days
    2016 Hyundai Veloster Rally Edition
    - Tork Stage 1 Tune - Magnaflow Catback Exhaust - 6EE Short Ram Intake
    - Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Bar - Pierce Motorsports Strut Brace - TurboSocks Rigid Collars
    - TWM Type R Shift Knob - Saikou Michi Dual OCC - Rally Armor Mud Flaps - 29% Front/ 19% Rear Tints - 6EE Shifter Bushings/Cable Bushings
    - DD interior & exterior white LEDs - Morimoto Elite HID System/6500k - DD 6000k Fog lights
    - OEM Carbon Fiber Spoiler (ordered)

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

i let them wash it. whatever.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

This user has no status.

I have always let them wash it since I live in an apartment and washing isn't as easy as just going out to the driveway and turning he hose on. However, this last time I was there the service advisor questioned whether it was a good idea since I have rally armor flaps. He said that since their car wash is not touch less then there is a risk of getting caught on the flaps. This was the first guy to mention it to me since installing the flaps over a year ago.

This user has no status.

I just ask them to spray out the wheel wells and underbody as best they can. I wash my car myself monthly, even in the winter. I have a hose spigot that will deliver 85 deg water though, so.... yeah. Being in a snowy salty area though this is common.
    2013 Marathon Blue VT MT a.k.a Athena
    SOLO, TS FMIC w/ TurboSmart VeePort Pro & MAC BOV Solenoid, Injen CAI, TORK Pipe, CERMA'd, Uniq Collars + Strut Bar, AddW1 OCC, BPS Shift Bushings, M40XL's, Tork Catless, Pierce Rear Swaybar.... More to Come!

Currently on Hankook Ventus V12 evo2's...

Morimoto HID, 2 12" Shallow Rockford Subs 960W RMS @ 1ohm

Soon:
    Tork Stg 1 tune, Coils, 3.5" Intake, Another OCC...

Spoiler alert

In general, I've never thought to refuse a complimentary wash.

A good chunk of my car's early life, the dealer wasn't doing washes because it was too cold and everything insta-froze. Lately they sometimes give it a rinse, but at least they seem to respect the matte.
    2016 Veloster Rally Edition - Build Thread
    Performance: SXTH Remote Tune, SRI, Shifter Bushings / 60mm TB / Xenon ORHP, ORCP, 3TBS, XPVS / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback / Turbosmart Kompact BOV / Tork Boost Solenoid
    Handling: Pierce Rear Torsion Bar / Uniq Rigid Collars / Rev 75A Mount Insert Interior: JCS Pillar Pod / Defi Boost & Volt Gauges
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler Misc: Xenon XWEK / Saikou Michi OCC / Cerma Treatments

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by geekdragon View Post
    In general, I've never thought to refuse a complimentary wash.

A good chunk of my car's early life, the dealer wasn't doing washes because it was too cold and everything insta-froze. Lately they sometimes give it a rinse, but at least they seem to respect the matte.
    You're lucky my dealer wouldn't even rinse it
    2016 Hyundai Veloster Rally Edition
    - Tork Stage 1 Tune - Magnaflow Catback Exhaust - 6EE Short Ram Intake
    - Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsion Bar - Pierce Motorsports Strut Brace - TurboSocks Rigid Collars
    - TWM Type R Shift Knob - Saikou Michi Dual OCC - Rally Armor Mud Flaps - 29% Front/ 19% Rear Tints - 6EE Shifter Bushings/Cable Bushings
    - DD interior & exterior white LEDs - Morimoto Elite HID System/6500k - DD 6000k Fog lights
    - OEM Carbon Fiber Spoiler (ordered)

Wanting to drive!

My dealer has a guy with a power washer with a soap mixed with water spray the car. I accidentally forgot to say no once and the car was covered in filthy water and water spots all over. The guy sprays the cars, leaves it to cook in the sun and sprays it off after it cooks, I don't think he even dries it off.Even if it was a touch less wash I don't think I would let them touch it.
    I enjoy washing my car most of the time plus I am super particulate on how my car looks.
    Oh and for any one in the Central Valley of CA, don't you just love the tomato trucks around this time and the gross filthy tomato-juice water they spill all over the road for our nice cars to get splattered with? IT IS LIKE SAP, it takes forever to get off sometimes.

This user has no status.

I would trade tomato juice over 6 months of salt any day....
    - Auramei - 2013 Black VT Auto
    Appearance:
    Wheels - Enkei EKM3 (GunMetal) 18X7.5 (1010tires)
    Tires - Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 (K120) 215/40ZR18 XL 89Y (1010tires)
    Sequence Devil Spoiler (Socal GW)
    Brenthon badges front and back
    Audio:
    JL Audio 13" shallow sub (13TW5-3)
    JL Audio Amp (XD1000/5v2)
    Focal Access 165as speakers
    Performance:
    Hyundai CAN Performance Axle-back exhaust
    Injen SRI (UNIQ)
    UNIQ Strut Bar
    Piercemotorsports Rear Torsion Bar
    Whiteline Front Swaybar (Pierce MS)