Towing - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Towing

This is a discussion on Towing within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Originally Posted by GadgetPros Quick update... Towing was easy. I had an easy 500 lbs of gear and also the weight of the uhaul trailer. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Towing

home alone

Towing

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetPros View Post
    Quick update...

Towing was easy. I had an easy 500 lbs of gear and also the weight of the uhaul trailer. I could certainly tell the trailer was there but it didn't feel unsafe.

For testing purposes I pulled in 5th and 6th gears at speeds from 50-80. I found that I got 21mpg at 65mph in 5th gear. Not too bad considering I get about 6mpg in my other towing machine.

Overall I'm happy I put the hitch on and was able to use my VT to tow an enclosed trailer.
    Sorry I went back to first post. It answered my question. I apologize

AEM CAI, Borla Exhaust w/Borla tips, TS FMIC, TS Rigid Collars, Pierce Catless DP, Billett Grille, TS Oil Cooler, OCC, Full Stereo upgrade, Tippett Designs reflector delete & functional hood vents, Precision LED interior LED's, Prosport Boost & EGT gauges, MGP caliper covers, Rally Armor flaps, Unique Strut tower brace, Ark GT-F Springs, Pierce rear torsion bar, fog deletes, pierce crashbar, Hayden trans cooler, dual Saikou Michi OCC, rear wiper delete, custom BIP tune 192WHP/290TQ

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by zexz1000 View Post
    Are you using the Curt hitch?
    Yessir

home alone

Trailer got electric brakes?

AEM CAI, Borla Exhaust w/Borla tips, TS FMIC, TS Rigid Collars, Pierce Catless DP, Billett Grille, TS Oil Cooler, OCC, Full Stereo upgrade, Tippett Designs reflector delete & functional hood vents, Precision LED interior LED's, Prosport Boost & EGT gauges, MGP caliper covers, Rally Armor flaps, Unique Strut tower brace, Ark GT-F Springs, Pierce rear torsion bar, fog deletes, pierce crashbar, Hayden trans cooler, dual Saikou Michi OCC, rear wiper delete, custom BIP tune 192WHP/290TQ

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by zexz1000 View Post
    Trailer got electric brakes?
    No. The 4x8(originally thought it was 4x6) was heavy by itself but the VT stopped the trailer with the gear loaded with no problem. Loading over the wheelbase of the trailer was key to getting a good pull.

This user has no status.

Thanks for the info on this thread. Towed this waverunner about 140 miles with no issue, and getting 27mpg to top it off. This little car keeps impressing me.

Name:  20190307_144131.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  2.19 MB
    RPW00Mirage likes this.
    2016 Veloster Turbo
    No mods yet!

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

nice, it's bigger than the car!
    Scarabmike likes this.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links