Help vt going crazy - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Help vt going crazy

This is a discussion on Help vt going crazy within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; The dealer wouldn't do any more looking until I returned the intake to factory so I did. Removed catch cans and rerouted them back they ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help vt going crazy

This user has no status.

The dealer wouldn't do any more looking until I returned the intake to factory so I did. Removed catch cans and rerouted them back they way the were, removed the beastmode intake and went back to the factory box. Took it for a spin on the interstate and the horsepower was definitely lower but no code returned. I was content to live with it for a little while.

Then, yesterday, on the interstate she went into limp mode without a check engine light. Limped her home and checked for codes. Now I've got the P0191. WTF

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2016 Vitamin C VT w/ MT.

Mods: Dual OCCs, DIY SRI, disabled upper clutch switch, 60mm TB with 4TBS; Xe ORCP and coolant bypass, SXTH hot pipe, MAP/IAT Sensor Upgrade, MBRP Catback Exhaust

This user has no status.

Are you able to log fuel rail pressure on hard throttle? Sounds like the classic binding fuel line issue.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by E9C900A View Post
    Are you able to log fuel rail pressure on hard throttle? Sounds like the classic binding fuel line issue.
    I have checked it a few times. The limp mode issue was the only time it was low. This morning I was heading to the shop and it ran fine. The P0191 was gone and the P2191 was back. I drove it a couple of times until the light came back on and took it in. The shop logged fuel rail pressure for several runs as well and determined it was normal.
    They tested what they could today and checked the fuel. A lot of deposits and they said it was about 20-25% ethanol. They said to run the fuel out and fill up with 87 or 89 from Shell or Valero. If the code comes back, bring it back to them.
    The guy told me this has their whole shop baffled along with everyone at Hyundai Techline. They finally said that the intake was not the cause and I could put it back on.
    So I'm still here with a 4 cylinder getting about 20mpg and a CEL that nobody at Hyundai can figure out.

2016 Vitamin C VT w/ MT.

Mods: Dual OCCs, DIY SRI, disabled upper clutch switch, 60mm TB with 4TBS; Xe ORCP and coolant bypass, SXTH hot pipe, MAP/IAT Sensor Upgrade, MBRP Catback Exhaust

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Help vt going crazy

Never mind.
    Last edited by E9C900A; 04-02-2019 at 09:06 PM.

This user has no status.

Most likely causes if no leaks or faulty wiring or connections will be the fuel pump/s, fuel line(low pressure side), or the fuel rail pressure sensor.

I had a guy who had this issue that was highly modded and it ended up being the fuel rail pressure sensor causing the same codes you have.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

This user has no status.

I'm using my Ultragauge to check things, not relying on Hyundai Techs alone. I still think it's a bad O2 sensor, but they disagree. Here's a shot of my ultra gauge at about 75mph pulling a slight hill.

Last edited by tobs54; 03-26-2019 at 05:49 PM.
    2016 Vitamin C VT w/ MT.

This user has no status.

I'm still playing with the ultragauge to figure out how to log data and how to share it. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by tobs54; 03-26-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    2016 Vitamin C VT w/ MT.

This user has no status.

And now my favorite thing about car issues. I reset the CEL Tuesday evening and it hasn't come back. I just now filled up with 87 octane from Shell. That's the first non-93 gas in her for the last year. We'll see how this goes and how long the CEL stays gone.

2016 Vitamin C VT w/ MT.

This user has no status.

So I guess my issue was just bad gas... wtf? Or that fuel injector cleaner worked.

2016 Vitamin C VT w/ MT.

ready

Quote Originally Posted by tobs54 View Post
    And now my favorite thing about car issues. I reset the CEL Tuesday evening and it hasn't come back. I just now filled up with 87 octane from Shell. That's the first non-93 gas in her for the last year. We'll see how this goes and how long the CEL stays gone.

Interesting. I'm the other way with this. Once I filled 87 into it, it ran like sht, backfiring and like there was no turbo attached. But I did get bad gas before, I actually avoid certain gas stations now. VT Turbos are very picky with gas, like high maintenance girlfriends. I'm also planning some de-carbonization via seafoam or similar, did that last year the first time, the whole street thought my car was on fire, smoked so bad lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links