2019 R Spec remote start

Veloster Turbo Forum

2019 R Spec remote start

This is a discussion on 2019 R Spec remote start within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Does the blue Link remote start work on the R Spec or does it need an aftermarket remote start?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By E9C900A

Thread: 2019 R Spec remote start

This user has no status.

2019 R Spec remote start

Does the blue Link remote start work on the R Spec or does it need an aftermarket remote start?

This user has no status.

Latter.
    fauxfreshness likes this.

Waiting for new Tool album...

Yeah, manual transmissions and fear of liability make for strange bedfellows. I wired up a Viper to work with a 2002 Impreza 2.5RS and another for a 2004 WRX by flipping the parking brake input. When in gear, it would ground out on an input. Most system vendors (and installers) don’t want to deal with the hassle or risk of idiocy. So Bluelink absolutely won’t do it, and it appears the 2019s need a specific firmware update just to get the lights and locks to get actuated. Still have to get mine updated, but a person on Reddit (mach1revo) mentioned he needed T3Q update (19-01-007H) before his started working properly. That won’t make remote start commends available on manual transmission vehicles though, but if the other stuff isn’t working either, talk to your dealer about that update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -----
    Fauxfreshness
    @fauxfreshness in a few places

2019 Veloster Turbo R-Spec in Space Gray
    Stock - #boughtnotbuilt

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

I have a viper system that I use for a starter / alarm it’s fantastic.
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

Insane, and Happily modding
    his R-Spec.

From what my dealer told my wife and I "Manual transmissions do not get remote start do to the complex procedure need to activate the car.
    Stock 2015 R-Spec Ultra Black M/T
    So much to do, And How to Hide it from the Wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil1 View Post
    From what my dealer told my wife and I "Manual transmissions do not get remote start do to the complex procedure need to activate the car.
    Dealers say many things when they either don’t know the truth or don’t want to speak it. US market vehicles require the use of the clutch and brake during start sequences when other markets didn’t. As a result, US market drivers frequently leave their cars in gear and don’t even think about the parking brake (especially on automatics). Vehicles have had the ability to register when in gear and which gear they’re in for quite a while now, but don’t want to risk any kind of sensor screwup or hack that could potentially allow it to start in gear. That’s it. Reduce risk of litigation.

When companies feel like they’re forced into stating “don’t stick random metal objects, limbs, fingers, or fluids (to include water) into any and all power outlets due to risk of shock” in the owner’s manual that they know you won’t read anyway, you can see why this is something they’d just pass on.

-----
    Fauxfreshness

Stock - #boughtnotbuilt

Insane, and Happily modding
    his R-Spec.

Yea, I hate it when I take my car to the dealership, because when they give it back the car is in 1st gear and the brake is on. First time they did that It scared me because I thought I was going to end up in the showroom.
    Stock 2015 R-Spec Ultra Black M/T
    So much to do, And How to Hide it from the Wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil1 View Post
    Yea, I hate it when I take my car to the dealership, because when they give it back the car is in 1st gear and the brake is on. First time they did that It scared me because I thought I was going to end up in the showroom.
    ???

Which car was this that didn’t have a neutral safety switch in place? In non-US markets you don’t typically see people leaving their cars in gear, so the mechanics and dealers definitely wouldn’t. It sounds like you’re referencing a US market but with the clutch/neutral safety switch broken or bypassed? Interesting.

-----
    Fauxfreshness

Stock - #boughtnotbuilt

Sponsored Links