Keep Air Recirculation from Turning Off

Veloster Turbo Forum

Keep Air Recirculation from Turning Off

This is a discussion on Keep Air Recirculation from Turning Off within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; How do you keep the air recirculation from turning off in the 2013 VT? I drive in stop and go traffic almost all the time ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CAngier
  • 2 Post By TooGqForYou

Thread: Keep Air Recirculation from Turning Off

Veloster like a roadster

Angry Keep Air Recirculation from Turning Off

How do you keep the air recirculation from turning off in the 2013 VT? I drive in stop and go traffic almost all the time so I need to have air recirculating rather than fresh air so I don't smell other cars exhaust all the time. The air recirculation button turns off any time you switch the direction of the vents.

First world problem.

Lit

whaaaaat, I've never heard this 1 before.?! So when you physically move or adjust a vent up or down, it changes the settings of your air preferences???
    2016 VT Elite White 7-Speed DCT Tech Package
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE ORCP | XE XWEK
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | TB Bypass | HKS M45XL Plugs | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV & Oil Cap CSS Venting-to-Atmosphere

Veloster like a roadster

Ha not quite. For example, the air re-circulation disengages when you switch the air flow to go from the main vents (the vents that blow on your hands and face) to just your feet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

I don't believe you can stop it from doing that. When I switch from "torso" to "torso & feet" the recirculation stays on. When I switch to "feet" or "feet & defrost" I have to turn it on recirculation every time.

However it always stays on recirculation, unless I change it, when I'm on "torso" or "torso & feet" or switch between them.
    TooGqForYou likes this.

Lit

this may help

to turn auto-defrost off: press and hold the auto AC button and while holding press the front windshield defrost button 5 times.

after i do this I put recirculating air on & it stays on no matter what
    E9C900A and matemorh like this.
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE ORCP | XE XWEK
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | TB Bypass | HKS M45XL Plugs | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV & Oil Cap CSS Venting-to-Atmosphere

Veloster like a roadster

Now that sounds promising. Will try it out and report back.
    100% Stock. Original Rods. 74k miles
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

Veloster like a roadster

Quote Originally Posted by TooGqForYou View Post
    this may help

to turn auto-defrost off: press and hold the auto AC button and while holding press the front windshield defrost button 5 times.

Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. Wish they kept the manual climate control unit manual.
    100% Stock. Original Rods. 74k miles
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

No status does this user have.

Quote Originally Posted by TooGqForYou View Post
    this may help

@TooGqForYou This is interesting to me. Is there somewhere I can find other settings like this? I don't have the auto climate control but curious if there are random preferences that can be changed.
    2013 VT, M/T, Marathon Blue
    Performance Axle-Back Exhaust
    ARK GT-F Springs
    DD 6000k HID Low's
    TS Strut Tower Brace
    Rigid Collars
    Intercooler Resonator Delete
    Dual PIAA Horns
    Shifter Cable Bushings
    225/40R18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS-06
    Coming Soon: ADD-W1 Catch Can, Shifter Base Bushings

Lit

i honestly have no idea where else to grt such information other than maybe the owners manual?

This user has no status.

I asked my dealer and he said it can’t be changed.

Sponsored Links