2013 VT, misfires and 560-580 psi rail pressure at idle - Page 5

Veloster Turbo Forum

2013 VT, misfires and 560-580 psi rail pressure at idle

This is a discussion on 2013 VT, misfires and 560-580 psi rail pressure at idle within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; So, Cerma engine and Nano treatments ordered (Cerma included a free fuel treatement also) with nice discount using promo code xeperformance (Thanks E9C900a for posting ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 2013 VT, misfires and 560-580 psi rail pressure at idle

This user has no status.

So, Cerma engine and Nano treatments ordered (Cerma included a free fuel treatement also) with nice discount using promo code xeperformance (Thanks E9C900a for posting a link in another thread), and catch cans to be ordered this week as soon as I can get in/under the car to find a good mount location so I know what physical size cans to order (as these cars have almost zero room under the hood). Car is still running well, and I want to keep it that way.

Do you recommend running a pressurized intake valve cleaner through to get rid of any possible carbon deposits considering my mileage (88k)? Thanks in advance.

Rich

Lit

i recommend venting to atmosphere
    E9C900A likes this.
    2016 VT Elite White 7-Speed DCT Tech Package
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE ORCP | XE XWEK
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | TB Bypass | HKS M45XL Plugs | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV & Oil Cap CSS Venting-to-Atmosphere

This user has no status.

@Richtazz
    Have you borescoped the cylinders to see how much hydrocarbon deposition there is?

Try to avoid using chemical intake cleaners, as the octane of those solutions are very low. Rev the car too much while that stuff is in there and you could blow a head gasket. Yes, this actually happened to someone here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by E9C900A View Post
    @Richtazz
    Have you borescoped the cylinders to see how much hydrocarbon deposition there is?

Try to avoid using chemical intake cleaners, as the octane of those solutions are very low. Rev the car too much while that stuff is in there and you could blow a head gasket. Yes, this actually happened to someone here.
    I have not been able to boroscope the cylinders. It is running very well, good power and smooth while driving, 31.8 mpg around town, just an occasional sputter at idle which is why I think there may be some slight deposits in there. How hard is it to remove the intake to inspect/clean the valves from above? Can that be done without removing the head?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Richtazz View Post
    I have not been able to boroscope the cylinders. It is running very well, good power and smooth while driving, 31.8 mpg around town, just an occasional sputter at idle which is why I think there may be some slight deposits in there. How hard is it to remove the intake to inspect/clean the valves from above? Can that be done without removing the head?
    I plan on doing this soon. Just gotta buy a portable blaster, good compressor, walnuts and a vacuum. I bought a intake port adapter for the vacuum and compressor gun on ebay.

Just gotta remove the intake manifold, tape things up, make sure the valves are closed and blast away. Lots of tutorials on other platforms out there.
    2014 A/T VT:

Pierce Hi Flo Catless DP | 6EE Short Ram Intake (Gold Taped) | ORCP (Gold Taped) | ORHP | 3TBS | 60mm TB | XPVS | 75A Mounts | WGA Adjusted | Rigid Collars | Generic OCC | 6EE Fuel Line | XWEK | 160 T-stat | 120 psi rad cap | DW65c fuel pump| Splash of flex fuel | HKS 45XL | **RN-TUNED**

1978 Datsun 280z - Stock

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links