Hatch Button Proximity Sensor

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Hatch Button Proximity Sensor within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Okay guys, I've seen a few posts approaching this subject but nothing covering it in detail. I am having the issues with the hatch not ...

This user has no status.

Okay guys, I've seen a few posts approaching this subject but nothing covering it in detail. I am having the issues with the hatch not opening. The symptoms are the button doesn't do anything, and the key fob will make the turns signals flash but the button on the trunk still does nothing. So I took the plastic trim off and began looking for loose connections and the such. The car does have 110,000 miles on it after all, I could see a connector vibrating loose. When I reseated the connector from the backup camera/hatch button, the latch unlocks. I can repeat this as many times as I want. So, that leads me to believe the hatch button is broken in the on position. But when you put a meter on the switch there is no continuity. Does anyone know if that switch is in fact more than just a switch, possibly the proximity sensor as well.

This user has no status.

Your electric latch is bad. Get one off eBay for 30 to 50. If the fob wont open it, it is NOT the button. Proximity sensor allows the switch to work with the car locked.

This user has no status.

Alright everyone, Problem solved! It WAS the button. I ordered part number 81260-2V000 which is just the button for the non-backup camera version. With some soldering and heat shrink to make everything pretty, I replaced the button into the wiring harness with my backup camera. Super easy, Hyundai actually does a really good job of keeping color codes throughout the vehicle.

Sponsored Links