So long, farewell

Veloster Turbo Forum

So long, farewell

This is a discussion on So long, farewell within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; I have not posted on here for some time, life kind of gets like that. As the title would suggest I have sold the VT ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Insanity Crow

Thread: So long, farewell

The Snail says
    "Wooooooosssh"

So long, farewell

I have not posted on here for some time, life kind of gets like that. As the title would suggest I have sold the VT this week. It was a great car; the only issue I ever had was a bad O2 sensor replaced under warranty. When I first got the car I was excited to drive it and be seen in it every day. I loved the time I spent on here learning about the platform, and tinkering with the car to make it what I wanted to be. That's just it though, try as I did it was never exactly what I wanted.

I put all the suspension mods on it, I bought fatter tires, I ran the right oil, fed it nothing but 93, but it was never as good as I hoped it could be. This of course was in college when I also didn't care about practicality, overall comfort, or things like 4k oil changes with unicorn blood. Now I've been working every day for over two years, and every day it just made a little bit less sense. It wasn't comfortable but didn't handle well enough to justify it. It was fast, but I wasn't using the speed going to work. In college my friends happily clambered into the backseat to go out on a Friday night after class. Not exactly a pleasant thing to ask your coworkers to do when they want to go out for lunch on a Tuesday.

So now I'm a happy owner of a 2019 Habanero Orange VW Jetta S. For under 20K I get a 1.4L turbo that makes 184lb/ft at 1400rpm, mated to an 8 speed automatic. 30city/40 highway. Regular Gas, 10K oil changes to stay in warranty. Oh and it's smooth, wow is it smooth for the price. I feel old. I'm excited by a sedan.

Name:  IMG_20190510_184652.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  408.2 KB

Best of luck with the cars for those that have them. I will always remember the good times.
    Last edited by Insanity Crow; 05-14-2019 at 07:32 PM.
    This VT is out there somewhere, but it is no longer mine.....Pierce rear torsion bar, VT-One Strut Brace, 65-duro lower motor mount insert, Rigid Collars, K&N drop in air filter, MSW Type 25 16 inch wheels, Continental Purecontact Tires, very skinny driver

I also need a STATUS!

sad to see you go. i too have my VT for sale and will be departing the scene, and i AM old lol! letting mine go not for the same reasons as you but because mine has led such a sheltered and pampered life, i am getting tired of baby sitting it and making sure nothing happened to the precious cryptonite matte paint. i do feel glad that we were among the original ambassadors to this quirky and slightly jittery little hatchback. i'm actually astonished this model has not only carried on into 2019, but has evolved and really carved it's own little place in it's category.
    driving a Q5 now, only because i needed something bigger for work, and yes it's a whole different experience. i'll probably be staying in the luxury suv class for now, but also seeing a 2006 mini cooper jcw down the road...just for fun. good luck with the VW, can't go wrong with german engineering.
    13 Matte Gray/Man/Ult student at Tork University

This user has no status.

So long, farewell

Wow a VW and a Mini both mentioned in a farewell thread. (These are the two cars my boss told me he’d let me go if I ever purchased lol) German engineering isn’t what it used to be...

That said enjoy them! You like what you like.

Side note. The matte paint is so beautiful. But was definitely a deal breaker for me. I gotta have my tunnel car wash trips. Love them so!!
    Turbo Got Dam it
    13 Veloster Turbo Base AT
    1/2 Gut
    TB Coolant bypass
    Modded airbox
    BPV to BOV
    More to come

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

The Snail says
    "Wooooooosssh"

Heh, well when I said "owner" i really meant "borrower" as I'm leasing the car. I don't trust VW enough to keep it long term but dang does it drive nice. Trading in the VT my payments are like $60 a month, which I'm easily saving in gas and oil changes alone. Granted now I don't have a trade in in another 3 years, but eh, the VT was really wearing on me. What is an 8 year old 100k Hyundai going to be worth anyhow I figure.
    Flareon likes this.
    This VT is out there somewhere, but it is no longer mine.....Pierce rear torsion bar, VT-One Strut Brace, 65-duro lower motor mount insert, Rigid Collars, K&N drop in air filter, MSW Type 25 16 inch wheels, Continental Purecontact Tires, very skinny driver

This user has no status.

That’s an important distinction. I think the first few years they can absolutely be great cars.
    Turbo Got Dam it
    13 Veloster Turbo Base AT
    1/2 Gut
    TB Coolant bypass
    Modded airbox
    BPV to BOV
    More to come

I also need a STATUS!

yup, unfortunately their quirkiness puts a hit on their resale value.
    13 Matte Gray/Man/Ult student at Tork University

Sponsored Links