2014 VT Muffler Delete - Res. Delete...

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on 2014 VT Muffler Delete - Res. Delete... within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; I want the car to be louder than it is stock, way too quiet if you ask me, but my concern is that itll sound ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TooGqForYou

Thread: 2014 VT Muffler Delete - Res. Delete...

This user has no status.

I want the car to be louder than it is stock, way too quiet if you ask me, but my concern is that itll sound way too Civicish if you catch my drift, if i get it straight piped will it sound more Civicish or STIish? or should i just buy a Borla S-Type exhaust?

Lit

if you are going for sound & aesthetics, csatless dp with a 3 inch exhaust, none of that 2.5 inch shit
    2016 VT Elite White 7-Speed DCT Tech Package
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE ORCP | XE XWEK
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | TB Bypass | HKS M45XL Plugs | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV & Oil Cap CSS Venting-to-Atmosphere

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TooGqForYou View Post
    if you are going for sound & aesthetics, csatless dp with a 3 inch exhaust, none of that 2.5 inch shit
    as much as id love to go for a catless downpipe, i dont want my car throwing a CEL especially since i dont have the money for a tune..... yet

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Lit

welp, borla exhaust if I remembered correctly was more than a tune lol, but if I were you, I'd hit up a local trustworthy exhaust shop to hook you up.

I went cheap & unbolted my oem exhaust (no cutting) & of course kept oem dp on & slapped on a 3 inch str8 pipe passed the rear seats with a dump. It's loud, but you either love or hate loud cars. It def doesn't sound like a civic rice burner but more like a roar. The cold starts on our cars is gnar for sure though so there's no getting passed that. Ive heard 2.5 inch exhausts on the VT & they just don't cut it for me, but thats my opinion.

Here's a vid my cold start:
    Last edited by TooGqForYou; 05-17-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    E9C900A likes this.
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE ORCP | XE XWEK
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | TB Bypass | HKS M45XL Plugs | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV & Oil Cap CSS Venting-to-Atmosphere

This user has no status.

The G4FJ (Gamma) engine sounds nothing like a Honda or Subaru engine. Pretty guttural for a 1.6L.

GQ, cold start can be addressed.
    Last edited by E9C900A; 05-17-2019 at 01:50 PM.

This user has no status.

Yo GQ that sounds good IMO! Gurgly! Why'd you decide to put the oem dp back on? Think it would have been too loud? I may remove the stock muffler to see if I can stand it or not lol

Any post of you revving it out or going through the gears?

Quote Originally Posted by TooGqForYou View Post
    welp, borla exhaust if I remembered correctly was more than a tune lol, but if I were you, I'd hit up a local trustworthy exhaust shop to hook you up.

I went cheap & unbolted my oem exhaust (no cutting) & of course kept oem dp on & slapped on a 3 inch str8 pipe passed the rear seats with a dump. It's loud, but you either love or hate loud cars. It def doesn't sound like a civic rice burner but more like a roar. The cold starts on our cars is gnar for sure though so there's no getting passed that. Ive heard 2.5 inch exhausts on the VT & they just don't cut it for me, but thats my opinion.

Here's a vid my cold start:
    2014 A/T VT

POWER:
    Pierce Hi Flo Catless DP | 6EE Short Ram Intake (Gold Taped) | ORCP (Gold Taped) | ORHP | 3TBS | 60mm TB | XPVS | WGA Adjusted | Generic OCC | 6EE Fuel Line | XWEK | 160 T-stat | 120 psi rad cap | DW65c fuel pump| Flex Fuel (E51) | HKS 45XL | **RN-TUNED**

SUSPENSION:
    K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers | PMS 2 point lower tie bar | 75A Mounts | Rigid Collars |

1978 Datsun 280z - Stock

Lit

Quote Originally Posted by MircFSC View Post
    Yo GQ that sounds good IMO! Gurgly! Why'd you decide to put the oem dp back on? Think it would have been too loud? I may remove the stock muffler to see if I can stand it or not lol

Any post of you revving it out or going through the gears?
    I have always had my OEM DP on. Never had a HF DP, but would like to get one in the future.

This user has no status.

I didnt like how the car sounded with a muffler delete. I made a custom magnaflow axle back that copied the solo S shape and it sounded nice. Now the car has a custom axle back with dual exit using a totoflow muffler ( I know, chambered muffler bad). I plan on going back to a magnaflow in place of the resonator and replace the chambered totoflow with a Y pipe if i keep the car past this year. This video the rest of the exhaust is stock. Did some tinkering in HPtuners with the DFCO and she has a nice pop and gurgle decelerating and revving now. The first video was recorded with dslr and external mic and the cold start was done with a cellphone so keep that in mind.

And a cold start on the same setup

Name:  55495963_2340461212651773_5827571808018104320_n.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  165.1 KB
    Last edited by SuprcellEF5; 06-16-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Sponsored Links