Kid friendly?

Veloster Turbo Forum

Kid friendly?

This is a discussion on Kid friendly? within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Hey guys! First post here been enjoying scrolling through and reading all the forums! Im looking to buy a black 2014 Vt with the tech ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lil_buddy

Thread: Kid friendly?

This user has no status.

Kid friendly?

Hey guys! First post here been enjoying scrolling through and reading all the forums! Im looking to buy a black 2014 Vt with the tech package and wanted to know if the back seats were car seat friendly? Or if anyone has had experience with it haha! Thanks all!

This user has no status.

Sort of. Can go back there but tight and may leave long leg front driver/passenger with less leg room with seat behind them.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

This user has no status.

geekdragon likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

I shuddered at the seat kicking... I think I’d unravel...
    Turbo Got Dam it
    13 Veloster Turbo Base AT
    1/2 Gut
    TB Coolant bypass
    Modded airbox
    BPV to BOV
    More to come

This user has no status.

I had a car seat in my vt's the entire time i owned them. many long trips with the three of us, and never a Problem. The wife is 5'4" and usually sat in front of the kid, but I, 6', did some time there also.

The vt did better with the car seat than my focus rs does and just as well as the wife '02 Subaru outback.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

really gotta piss...

I used one in mine. Son is now six. no issues to report. kid never complained about anything.

Veloster like a roadster

I've used mine for age newborn up to 2.5 years old. It's easiest when they are a newborn and if you have the click connect car seat. The permanent rear ward facing car seat will not work because of the low slung roof (not enough clearance between door frame and car seat to slide them in). You will have to go to a frontward facing car seat once your kid gets too heavy to carry around in the infant click connect car seat. I did this once my daughter reached ~22 lbs. You do hit there head when putting them in once and a while but once they get old enough and can climb in themselves this isn't much of a problem.

I have now moved the frontward facing car seat to the drivers side and have my 2.5 year old climb in herself and I just have to lean in to buckle her up (coupe style, pulling driver seat). Within the next month I will have a newborn car seat on the passenger side.

On a side note: The trunk can fit a jogging stroller or a bike trailer. The main problem I am going to be running into though is that I will not have any where to put my 80 lb dog once the next baby comes.
    100% Stock. Original Rods. 74k miles
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

Sponsored Links