2013 RECALL for engine management software

Veloster Turbo Forum

2013 RECALL for engine management software

This is a discussion on 2013 RECALL for engine management software within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; So has anyone else here had the recall performed and noticed if it made any difference in how the car performs? I am scheduling mine ...

This user has no status.

Exclamation 2013 RECALL for engine management software

So has anyone else here had the recall performed and noticed if it made any difference in how the car performs? I am scheduling mine and then will be comparing the ecu files to see what they change from the 2013 stock file. Should be interesting.

Veloster like a roadster

I got my software update on Thursday. I've noticed that the turbo flutter has dissipated. I use to get it depending on the temperature/humidity outside or if I had the A/C on or not. Overall though I have not noticed any since the software update.
    100% Stock. Original Rods. 74k miles
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

This user has no status.

i had a 2013 in which suffered the engine failure, as a result of this recall hyundai is investigating a possible reimbursment as my cylinders blew.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Veloster like a roadster

Quote Originally Posted by GSC2019 View Post
    i had a 2013 in which suffered the engine failure, as a result of this recall hyundai is investigating a possible reimbursment as my cylinders blew.
    How much out of pocket did you have to pay for the new engine? Still have the VT?
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
    How much out of pocket did you have to pay for the new engine? Still have the VT?
    I spent a little over $7k, but I bought a KDM tuners build. I'm trying for engine cost reimbursement and 50% labor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Veloster like a roadster

Nice. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Sponsored Links