sudden crank but no start...fuel pump testing

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on sudden crank but no start...fuel pump testing within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Went to leave work and all im getting on my 2013 is crank but no fire. Anyone know the pinout for the fuel pump connector? ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: sudden crank but no start...fuel pump testing

This user has no status.

Angry sudden crank but no start...fuel pump testing

Went to leave work and all im getting on my 2013 is crank but no fire. Anyone know the pinout for the fuel pump connector? I seem to have a ground and one terminal that is seeing 11.** volts even with the key off..... going to verify with another multi meter later today. Debating just towing the car to the dealer since its supposed to have the ecu recall done tomorrow morning but would rather not get ripped on a $150 tow and then diagnostics.

This user has no status.

Check fuses and relays.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

This user has no status.

all check out so far. I cant seem to find any pinouts to identify which wire is which or which terminal on the relay is the trigger from the pcm so i can confirm it is triggering the relay

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Last edited by E9C900A; 06-12-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    RPW00Mirage and brokenhalo like this.

This user has no status.

that is exactly what i have been trying to find lol thank you!
    E9C900A likes this.

This user has no status.

Ok so did some testing before my overnight shift and here is what im finding. Pins 1 & 3 the sending units signal and ground I am seeing a constant 11.** volts. Shouldnt this be 0 with the car off? pulling the fuel pump fuse did not change it. Also the 2 and 4 pins for pump power when i cycle the ignition to run I get a blip on the meter but no measurable voltage. Is it possible that the computer sees there is pressure in the line so it sees no need to cycle the pump? So at this point im assuming that either A I have a bad ground for the relay or the computer is not giving a good signal. Or B somehow a wire has magically broken while the car was sitting during the day shift.

I am going to run 12v directly to the pump tomorrow when i get off and try and test the pump + wire if i can locate it up by the relay. I have also swapped in every swappable relay for the pump to no avail so unless they have all gone bad i think its safe to rule that out.

This user has no status.

Car is going to the dealer. I have done all i can do here in the parking lot. Directly wiring the pump to a 12v source made it run but still no start. I still do not get the pump to prime when the ignition is cycled to ON and while cranking the pump is not running. At this point I have no idea what i am missing.

This user has no status.

They should be able to quickly diagnose the issue using GDS. If the low pressure fuel pump (LPFP) is not priming with power on, it’s likely kaput.

Then they’ll tell you they have none in stock and you’ll have to wait a week. Push for them to replace it under warranty if indeed it has failed. Can’t hurt to ask.

It’d suck if you have to pay for that and then pay again for a better aftermarket unit.
    Last edited by E9C900A; 06-13-2019 at 05:09 PM.

This user has no status.

I hope so. I could get the pump to run by directly wiring in 12v though. Being a 2013 with 116k on the clock i think a warranty claim is far off though lol If it is the pump Ill be picking it up from them with a dolly and order an aftermarket pump. No sense in paying them 400+ for an oem pump
    E9C900A likes this.

This user has no status.

If the pump works with direct power then the pump is good. It's in the control circuit or the LPFP is not the issue.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links