Anyone else drove an absolute turtle before owning the VT?

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on Anyone else drove an absolute turtle before owning the VT? within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; My previous car was a 2007 Toyota Yaris... 0-60 mph is around 9 seconds on a good day...when I switched to VT, I felt like ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Anyone else drove an absolute turtle before owning the VT?

Got my VT

My previous car was a 2007 Toyota Yaris... 0-60 mph is around 9 seconds on a good day...when I switched to VT, I felt like it was the fastest car in the world...than I slowly got used to the power, therefore I blew a crap load of money to get it to go even faster... but today I came across this interesting video of somebody turbocharging their Toyota Yaris....and spoiler alert...this Yaris would destroy our VT stock lol

Bone Stock

This user has no status.

I had a NAV with the DCT trans. Its was literally the slowest car I've ever owned. The VT is not the fastest car I've owned, but it probably is the most fun / well rounded.
    Keith_Stone likes this.
    2013 Marathon Blue VT MT a.k.a Athena
    SOLO, TS FMIC w/ TurboSmart VeePort Pro & MAC BOV Solenoid, Injen CAI, TORK Pipe, CERMA'd, Uniq Collars + Strut Bar, AddW1 OCC, BPS Shift Bushings, M40XL's, Pierce Rear Swaybar.... More to Come!

Currently on Hankook Ventus V12 evo2's...

Morimoto HID, 2 12" Shallow Rockford Subs 960W RMS @ 1ohm

Soon:
    SXTH Tune & DP, Coils, 3.5" Intake, Another OCC...

Sua Sponte

my very first car, a 3rd Generation Tercel (1.5L, 78hp) Enough said.
    MyDianaZ06 and samool like this.
    VT/AT 13' Ultra Black Ultimate: INJEN, ExLED, Diode Dynamics, JunBL GT, SOLO, JCS Pods, Prosport, Billet Tech, Rally Armor, Turbosocks, 845 MS, Pierce MS, Tork MS, Titan MS, Nstyle MS, Tippett Auto Designs.

Check my Albums: My Black Beauty Vol.1 and Vol.2

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This VT is too much fun!

Dunno about a turtle, but does driving an automatic Jeep Wrangler count? As aerodynamic as a house brick, with the same handling characteristics as a plate of spaghetti .... but it was fun in the snow tho
    jaker and msnow like this.
    2013 - Veloster Turbo - Century White - Black Interior/Grey Accents - A/T
    Piercemotorsports VT-One series Strut-brace
    Piercemotorsports Rear Torsion Bar
    MagnaFlow Cat-Back + 4" Flowmaster Tips
    K&N Drop-in Filter (Gone Back To Stock Intake)
    Front and Rear OJOCAM PRO2 HD dashcams
    Just call me Nevil the Devil

This user has no status.

I drove an automatic Toyota Matrix. After slamming and stancing it it was a neck breaker though.

Froggy

2004 Scion xA - 1.5L, 103hp, 101ft-lbs. Both are autos, but the upgrade from 4 to 6 gears is huge. Driving at 75 in the Scion I was constantly at 4-4.5k RPM. It got really annoying really fast.
    Personal Blog: https://johnroscigno.com
    2013 Marathon Blue VT - Base A/T
    All the stuff: Magnaflow Catback, Injen SRI, Uniq front strut bar, Pierce rear torsion bar, 17x8 Enkei Evo VIII OEM wheels, 225/45R17 Sumitomo HTR ZIII, LEDGlow blue interior lights, PYL interior inserts, Yellow fog light overlays, yellow LED fog bulbs, Sickspeed neo chrome shift knob, Meng Motorsports 5000K HID kit, Tint (50% front, 18% rear), Weathertech front floor mats

This user has no status.

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon. It wasn't as bad as it sounds but it ain't no VT.

This user has no status.

My first car, the one before my VT was an auto 04 Neon SXT. It wasn't necessarily slow since I clocked 0-60 at 8.9sec with 90k miles on it. It loved to be thrown into a corner and get all the wheels sliding but didn't handle very well for how good the tires were. The problem was that auto trans was crap if you wernt at the right speed because it refused to downshift. 34-60 took 3.2sec, but 35-70 took around 5-6 seconds because once it got into 3rd you better not expect to get anywhere in a rush. That 3rd gear felt longer than our 6th. I read the manual was much better and .5-.8 seconds faster to 60. The VT doesn't have the fastest 0-60 either but pulling from 2nd or 3rd it feels like triple or quadruple the power that thing had.
    K&N CAI | Jun B.L. exhaust | Synapse DV charge pipe | CERMA, Nano, MT Treatments | Pierce Race Strut Brace (Blue) | 4 point brace | Torsion Bar | 75a Rear Motor Mounts dyed black | TS Rigid Collars | Shifter bushings | Rally Armor Mudflaps (blue) | TSW Nurburgring 18x8 | Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | DD Interior and license plate lights | TRS 6000k low beams | debadged | Whole car dipped RL-71
    Upcoming:
    Front sway bar, Short shifter, tint

This user has no status.

Prius I win
    matemorh likes this.

My head hurts.

Its a story, not a sanctioned test. Ain't no Yaris, stock or modified, would beat my VT. The only category that it would beat my VT is milage on a tank of gas, that's it. A Yaris is a cheapo commute car, nothing else!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links