What did you do/get for your Veloster today? - Page 1371

Veloster Turbo Forum

What did you do/get for your Veloster today?

This is a discussion on What did you do/get for your Veloster today? within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Originally Posted by Bigbird Unless it's a VW (for reasons beyond me) all hot/warm hatches have relatively bad resale. OG status. And realistically, they are ...

Page 1371 of 1421 FirstFirst ... 371 871 1271 1321 1361 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1381 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,710 of 14204
Like Tree11902Likes

Thread: What did you do/get for your Veloster today?

patch the roads please

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Unless it's a VW (for reasons beyond me) all hot/warm hatches have relatively bad resale.
    OG status. And realistically, they are far more reliable than CR will ever credit them. I just did mounts, timing chains and a clutch on a 2001 GTI VR6 12v. 202k, never been opened.

I genuinely believe having sold them, bought them, fixed and sold service for them, that a VAST majority of their issues result from poor maintenance and ignorant owners.

What people don't realize is that german cars are engineered to a more specific expectation of maintenance. Hence why they go to shit when you stray.

I SWEAR toyota honda hyundai etc build cars for the average consumer who sees their car as a fancy toaster. hence why as long as they have some semblance of fluid in them, they keep working.

I think its a german thing. they just expect everyone to take the same razor precision towards maintaining that the engineers did creating it.

In other news - the VT is just accumulating miles, nearing 50k still hanging onto the original kumhoes.

I am slowly losing the battle with the woman to not modify it. Personally I'd rather she just leave it be till shes ready to move from economy class!
    Incognito and Bigbird like this.
    GF's 15 VT - 2 warranty trips - now out of warranty.
    61,500 miles - Failed purge valve!

If you love something set it
    free, unless it's a tiger

I decided to go with LED low beam and fog lights. Bought an H9 harness to go for the low beams and once the connector plastic thing was removed, it became plug and play into the little H11B box. Red pushed into yellow side and black into black. Bulb went in with no problems. Now I've got LEDs which are considerably brighter than the halogens I had before. The LED's are H8/H9/H11 type I got off ebay for $25 for 2 sets. Figured I'd give it a try and if I screwed up it's not much money lost.

BEFORE
    Name:  20180129_224148.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  2.35 MB
    Name:  20180129_224201.jpg
Size:  1.91 MB
    Name:  20180129_224213.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  1.49 MB
    Name:  20180129_224225.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  2.18 MB

AFTER
    Name:  20180224_201355.jpg
Size:  1.99 MB
    Name:  20180224_201404.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  2.31 MB
    Name:  20180224_201414.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  2.39 MB
    Name:  20180224_201427.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  2.25 MB
    Bigbird and LZSchneider like this.
    '14 VT A/T
    UNIQ Strut Bar/Collars || H9/H8 LED 6000K Low/Fog || Chrome Turn Bulbs (White FR, Amber R) || Tint || White LED int/ext || TTR Low Engine Mount || SCGW F/R tow hook || TS 3.5" Intake || Tork Tuned || PMS Torsion Bar/4pt Brace/HF DP || CNT Exhaust || Saikou Michi OCC's || X ORHP, 3TBS, XWEK || Synapse DV Kit || Coolant Bypass || Pandafab Solenoid || PUP || Amsoil Coolant || HKS M45XL Sparks || Exhaust Hangers || SXTH Fuel Line || Tork EBCS
    Not Installed: NST Crank/WP Pulley || ORCP

This user has a status.

Installed my reflector deletes today during baby's naps. These were made by a member of the Veloster Turbo World FB group. Cheap and they fit great.

Name:  20180306_162741.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  2.91 MB
    Name:  20180306_162752.jpg
Size:  2.79 MB

OH... also orders an actual Gurney flap from Savage Works AND a local is gifting me the third STI lip option after his splitter arrives.
    Name:  FB_IMG_1520210242013.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  56.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BonusParts View Post
    OG status. And realistically, they are far more reliable than CR will ever credit them. I just did mounts, timing chains and a clutch on a 2001 GTI VR6 12v. 202k, never been opened.

I genuinely believe having sold them, bought them, fixed and sold service for them, that a VAST majority of their issues result from poor maintenance and ignorant owners.

What people don't realize is that german cars are engineered to a more specific expectation of maintenance. Hence why they go to shit when you stray.

I SWEAR toyota honda hyundai etc build cars for the average consumer who sees their car as a fancy toaster. hence why as long as they have some semblance of fluid in them, they keep working.

I think its a german thing. they just expect everyone to take the same razor precision towards maintaining that the engineers did creating it.

In other news - the VT is just accumulating miles, nearing 50k still hanging onto the original kumhoes.

I am slowly losing the battle with the woman to not modify it. Personally I'd rather she just leave it be till shes ready to move from economy class!
    The old VWs we played with were not finely tuned machines what needed anal service. My buddy and I would beat the crap out of them and they wouldn't die! These are from the 80s to early 00s mind you. We once picked up a rolled jetta, that sat on its roof for a good half of a day but man, we did a few things to the engine and it started and ran fine.
    Last edited by Bigbird; 03-06-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Too many parts to list: My build thred.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Mehh...

Lookin good Bigbird! I keep telling myself to do this, Iv just been too lazy of lately to bring myself to cut mine up.
    2016 DCT VT Tech Package
    Performance- HKS M40XL / Tork EBCS / SXTH 3.5 SRI / SXTH Fuel Line / XE 3TBS / 60mm Throttle Body / Coolant Bypass / SXTH FMIC / HKS SQV4 BOV / SECo BOV Solenoid / SXTH Catless Downpipe / Magnaflow Exhaust / PUP / Mishimoto Catch Can / ADD W1 Catch Can / Glowshift AFR • Boost • Oil Temperature Gauges
    Handling- Uniq Strut Bar / Pierce Rear Torsion Beam / Pierce Crossmember / Uniq Rigid Collars / GodSpeed Lowering Springs / Continental Extreme Contact DWS

This user has a status.

Quote Originally Posted by DedMemBRaiNE View Post
    Lookin good Bigbird! I keep telling myself to do this, Iv just been too lazy of lately to bring myself to cut mine up.
    Seeing how high they are mounted in the bumper I can see how they would vent the bumper pretty well. Assuming that would be helpful. I did find it odd that the passenger side is open but the drivers is enclosed with a piece of plastic trim. I ended up leaving it off so at least the aero was balanced if nothing else.

If ya wanted to vent it you can just remove the lenses.

This user has no status.

Found out my stock grille cracked at two columns under where the license plate block is and I’m stoked!
    2015 Veloster R-Spec
    Performance | Magnaflow Exhaust| Muffler Delete | Resonator Delete (6th Element pipe replacement) | Spectre Air Intake
    Lighting | DDM Tuning Ultra Canbus Kit 35W 8500K HID
    Suspension | Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs | Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks | Whiteline Adjustable End Links
    Tires | Sumitomo Tour Plus LS 225/40R18 Tires

This user has no status.

Installed my reflector deletes today during baby's naps. These were made by a member of the Veloster Turbo World FB group. Cheap and they fit great.

Name:  20180306_162741.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  2.91 MB
    Name:  20180306_162752.jpg
Size:  2.79 MB

OH... also orders an actual Gurney flap from Savage Works AND a local is gifting me the third STI lip option after his splitter arrives.
    Name:  FB_IMG_1520210242013.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  56.5 KB

The old VWs we played with were not finely tuned machines what needed anal service. My buddy and I would beat the crap out of them and they wouldn't die! These are from the 80s to early 00s mind you. We once picked up a rolled jetta, that sat on its roof for a good half of a day but man, we did a few things to the engine and it started and ran fine.
    Damn that looks good. When i start with the cosmetic stuff, this will definitely be on my list.

On the performance front, I ordered my hot pipe today and will be ordering an exhaust next week. Will do both installs at the same time

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Bigbird likes this.
    2016 Vitamin C VT w/ MT.

Mods: Dual OCCs, DIY SRI, disabled upper clutch switch, 60mm TB with 4TBS; Xe ORCP and coolant bypass, SXTH hot pipe, MAP/IAT Sensor Upgrade, MBRP Catback Exhaust

patch the roads please

Yep, I daily an 84 diesel, my cabrio's VR6 came out of a jetta i rolled at over 100mph....

they're tough.

even the new 2.0t is tough as nails. i just can't accept adding a couple quarts between services. even my rabbit doesnt need that over 5-7k (and its 34 years old with 193k)
    Bigbird likes this.

patch the roads please

BY THE WAY - those rear reflector vents look AWESOME. WAY better than the reflectors.

Now its time to make some drawings and 3-d print some ducts to pull air thru it, smooth out airflow, maybe cool the brakes a hair
    Bigbird likes this.

This user has a status.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusParts View Post
    BY THE WAY - those rear reflector vents look AWESOME. WAY better than the reflectors.

Now its time to make some drawings and 3-d print some ducts to pull air thru it, smooth out airflow, maybe cool the brakes a hair
    Not sure of its practical benefits but that cavity can't be good for aerodynamics... especially if one side covered and the other is not. I could imagine the increased air pressure in thoes cavities moving into the negative pressure pocket created by the back of the car. Maybe it helps to reduce drag on the rear a little. One can hope.

I can see why people buy the vented rear oblique over the tips as that's another source of potential air build up.

Sponsored Links