What did you do/get for your Veloster today? - Page 1410

Veloster Turbo Forum

What did you do/get for your Veloster today?

This is a discussion on What did you do/get for your Veloster today? within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Originally Posted by BURN51D3 $24 is nothing. Glad that's all it took to fix it. My biggest fear is getting a vague CEL code, and ...

Page 1410 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 410 910 1310 1360 1400 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1420 ... LastLast
Results 14,091 to 14,100 of 14215
Like Tree11908Likes

Thread: What did you do/get for your Veloster today?

patch the roads please

Quote Originally Posted by BURN51D3 View Post
    $24 is nothing. Glad that's all it took to fix it.
    My biggest fear is getting a vague CEL code, and that at a certain point I'm going to be just guessing & throwing money at it.
    While its nothing monetarily, its an awfully short life cycle for a generally long lifespan component. I spend all day researching this junk for work, its interesting to see the spread of which purge valves seem to fail ahead of others.
    Leads me to wonder whether its an EVAP system design thing (too small of canister, etc w/e) or just they chose to spend less on the actual component for the system, save $.02 across a couple million units.

WHat I do know, the car goes down the road as intended. Good enough for me - at the end of the day thats all I ask, as I don't drive it - just maintain/fix it.
    Ever since i got the Golf, we leave her car home. We figure, why leave 10+ mpg on the table?
    RPW00Mirage likes this.
    GF's 15 VT - 2 warranty trips - now out of warranty.
    61,500 miles - Failed purge valve!

If you love something set it
    free, unless it's a tiger

I put a dash cam in my VT I received from my brother for Xmas. Now I can have recordings of people I speed by for reminiscing later...
    DedMemBRaiNE likes this.
    '14 VT A/T
    UNIQ Strut Bar/Collars || H9/H8 LED 6000K Low/Fog || Chrome Turn Bulbs (White FR, Amber R) || Tint || White LED int/ext || TTR Low Engine Mount || SCGW F/R tow hook || TS 3.5" Intake || Tork Tuned || PMS Torsion Bar/4pt Brace/HF DP || CNT Exhaust || Saikou Michi OCC's || X ORHP, 3TBS, XWEK || Synapse DV Kit || Coolant Bypass || Pandafab Solenoid || PUP || Amsoil Coolant || HKS M45XL Sparks || Exhaust Hangers || SXTH Fuel Line || Tork EBCS
    Not Installed: NST Crank/WP Pulley || ORCP

Do(ing) work

Quote Originally Posted by BonusParts View Post
    While its nothing monetarily, its an awfully short life cycle for a generally long lifespan component. I spend all day researching this junk for work, its interesting to see the spread of which purge valves seem to fail ahead of others.
    No argument! I'm not saying it's not annoying, or not a total PItA.
    "Nothing" was strictly for the pocket book.

If you're seeing these things for work, I'd be freaking out personally. The back of my mind I'd be just waiting till those common issues start break on my car.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Lit

2016 VT Elite White 7-Speed DCT Tech Package
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE ORCP | XE XWEK
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | TB Bypass | HKS M45XL Plugs | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV & Oil Cap CSS Venting-to-Atmosphere

Waiting for new Tool album...

I got an UltraGauge (v 1.2, from Amazon) and applied a ceramic coating from Color n Drive. Assuming I'm happy with the current location of the gauge, I'll run the cable along the dash/kick panel trim in a relatively "permanent" fashion along with a power and ground cable kit for my V1 to the mirror.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fauxfreshness View Post
    I got an UltraGauge (v 1.2, from Amazon) and applied a ceramic coating from Color n Drive. Assuming I'm happy with the current location of the gauge, I'll run the cable along the dash/kick panel trim in a relatively "permanent" fashion along with a power and ground cable kit for my V1 to the mirror.
    What info can you get with the UG besides the usual stuff? Does it have boost, oil pressure, actual fuel level, transmission temp?

I have boost and voltage on mine, along with lambda, intake air temp, engine coolant temp, and total timing advance right now on one page. The actual fuel level is there, but it needs calibration on 1.2, while 1.4 (only available on their site) is their "experimental" image and may not need the initial calibration for that part. The MX version has some experimental support for manufacturer-specific sensors (such as transmission temp), but it seemed to have more fixes for diesel trucks along with EM Plus 1.4. EM Plus 1.4 also has some acceleration metric support (0-60 and the like), but that's only direct from their site. In addition, if you get the unit from Amazon it doesn't have the base bracket for some reason and just some stupid Velcro, so their other supporting brackets won't work without it anyway. I have a larger windshield mount with a clamp for phones that I'm using, so it didn't really bother me.

This has most of the sensors and calculations it supports in general, so if I get a chance I'll see if the unit actually has the oil temp/pressure in it.

UltraGauge OBDII Supported Standardized Gauges
    lil_buddy likes this.

This user has no status.

I have the old UG from 10 years ago that I haven't tried to attach to the Veloster yet. Contemplating sending it in for an update.

Ah, here’s what I currently have it configured for, and no oil or transmission metrics available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lil_buddy and RPW00Mirage like this.
    -----
    Fauxfreshness
    @fauxfreshness in a few places

2019 Veloster Turbo R-Spec in Space Gray
    Stock - #boughtnotbuilt

patch the roads please

Quote Originally Posted by TooGqForYou View Post
    I'd be interested to know what the accelerated wear was actually due to, be it defect or poor maintenance.

Sketchy for only 70k miles.
    GF's 15 VT - 2 warranty trips - now out of warranty.
    61,500 miles - Failed purge valve!

Sponsored Links