Aftermarket Hatch Lift Supports? - Page 3

Veloster Turbo Forum

Aftermarket Hatch Lift Supports?

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Hatch Lift Supports? within the Veloster Turbo Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Originally Posted by Gaijiin As much as I open and shut the hood I would fatigue any hydraulic strut. Screw it I like old school. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Aftermarket Hatch Lift Supports?

┻━┻
    ︵ヽ(`Д´)
    5417;︵
    ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijiin View Post
    As much as I open and shut the hood I would fatigue any hydraulic strut. Screw it I like old school.
    The elite ones have a 4yr warranty.. Good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleZ View Post
    You can always just get a CF trunk, that should make it light enough for the stock struts.
    The hatch isn't the problem.. the lifters are the problem.. Even before the wing they didn't hold worth a crap in the winter..
    -----------------------------VSport United------------------------------
    VSport Ohio - VSport Tennessee - VSport Indiana - VSport Texas
    VSport Florida

MAP - ZOMB13

This user has no status.

Back to this LINK: McMaster-Carr
    They sell just the "struts" good for up to 300 lbs weight.....that should more than do. I have tried several Hyundai Parts sources trying to find the exact specs on our OEMs to NO avail. Could easily do
    the necessary measuring of the strut [necessary for order] but I myself would be unable to guesstamate the diameter of the most important ends with the threads.
    I did find the OEM replacement struts for $27-28 though. I also emailed Redline....have NOT heard back.
    Panther's MODS: '13 AT VT
    Tinted ; SOLO Exhaust; SOLO HF Cat; SXTH 3.5" SRI; Xe ORHP; 1422 Plugs; Eibach PRO Kit & KONI Dampers; Pierce Front Strut; TurboXS BOV: MSR Blk Chrome 8" Wheels & NITTO Motivo 225/40/18s';Blacked OUT Front & Rear; Black Eyelids; Subaru Splitter w C/F LIP; C/F Sequence Spoiler; C/F Fog Surrounds; C/F Functional Hood Vents; Paddle Shifter Extensions; Cerma & Nano Treated; Standalone Fog Mod; 2/1/14:TORK Dyno/Tune STAGE 1 w '15 MAPS

Come taste my Rainbow

My struts are the same way in the cold. If I leave the car outside they can't hold open the trunk that well or are really slow to extend. Now if I leave it in the garage I do not have this issue, I just attribute this to how gases expand/retract in comparative to the environmental changes. I have no aftermarket wing either so I doubt that's the issue.
    Current Whip - 2016 Mustang 2.3T Ecoboost Auto, 3.55 rear and 5% tint soon.

Old CarZ
    2014 VT
    2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT Lime Rock Green Metallic
    1976 Datsun 280Z V8 swap
    1978 280z light blue
    1979 280zx Yellow
    1979 280zx Citrus Green (one of 100 in the USA)
    2000 Xterra
    1976 Dodge Aspen RT
    1972/73 Dodge Charger SE/RT

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm happy to say that I found a nice cheap replacement for the factory struts. They are made by a company called BOXI and are available on Aliexpress for $14 shipped to the USA.

After adding my spoiler on my struts wouldn't hold the hatch up at all. It's only day one, so we will see about longevity, but these are rock solid so far.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pa...3da24c4dJjCzwQ

Edit-listing says 2012-2014, confirming they fit on my 2016. I'm assuming they wrote the listing years ago and never bothered updating the text.
    Flareon likes this.
    2016 DCT in Ultra Black- sxth element dual catch cans, turboxs BOV, SCGW mesh grill, Ark performance wing
    Awaiting installation: sxth element short ram intake, bumper quick release kit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links