Independent LEDs - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Independent LEDs

This is a discussion on Independent LEDs within the Veloster Turbo DIY forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Garage category; Originally Posted by jcroscigno What I would find more interesting is a way to run only the headlight LEDs without the tail lights being on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Independent LEDs

Georgia Tech Mechanical
    Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by jcroscigno View Post
    What I would find more interesting is a way to run only the headlight LEDs without the tail lights being on - so having the DRL be the LEDs instead instead of the high beams @6V.
    This can be done, but is a bit more tricky. You can't just put power to one spot and call it good. You would have to find the cables that go to the LEDs (I believe they are paralleled with the side marker lights), splice in a diode and tap in your power supply (which in my diy goes to the tail lamp rh fuse tap) downstream from the diode.

Teg
    This user has no status.

I attempted to do this mod and it didn't work, also the wiring is different in 2016 so the wiring for the fog lights on the other plug are not the same, does anyone have an updated repair manual for the 2016 because obviously things have changed since 2010-2013 manual

This user has no status.

Is this function installed on 16 models? Cause i have this option lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Teg
    This user has no status.

on the 2016 VT high beams run at 1/2 voltage as DRL and fogs can only be turned on when the low beams are on, if you switch off the lows the 1/2 voltage high beams engage and the fogs turn off, total pain in the ass, I saw on the 2010-2013 repair manual that there is a DRL relay on the IPM Connector D so I am considering disconnecting that lead and see if it disables the DRLs Name:  IPM Connector.png
Views: 72
Size:  157.4 KB

Teg
    This user has no status.

stupid question but I'm a novice when working with relays, if 85 is ground and 86 is source as in a standard relay is there a chance that the OPs diagram is reverse in my relay and that I need to reverse the wiring to match? followed instructions to the letter and didnt work, this is my relayName:  20181224_003558[611].jpg
Views: 73
Size:  1.81 MB

Edit: I should note that when I finished the wiring my tail lights did not come on nor did the leds
    Last edited by Teg; 12-23-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links