PSA: 2013 VT LSPI Recall 182 - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

PSA: 2013 VT LSPI Recall 182

This is a discussion on PSA: 2013 VT LSPI Recall 182 within the Veloster Turbo Problems / Help forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; I think I should have but I don't believe Hyundai Canada has my updated address so they probably sent the notification to the wrong place... ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: PSA: 2013 VT LSPI Recall 182

No status does this user have.

I think I should have but I don't believe Hyundai Canada has my updated address so they probably sent the notification to the wrong place...

When I did a check on the Hyundai Canada site it told me there was a recall to get it reprogrammed! Going to get that done and see if my strange misfires when starting go away.
    2013 VT, M/T, Marathon Blue
    Performance Axle-Back Exhaust
    ARK GT-F Springs
    DD 6000k HID Low's
    TS Strut Tower Brace
    Rigid Collars
    Intercooler Resonator Delete
    Dual PIAA Horns
    Shifter Cable Bushings
    225/40R18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS-06
    Coming Soon: ADD-W1 Catch Can, Shifter Base Bushings

My dog is faster then yours

No I haven't received anything yet as well.
    2013 Veloster Turbo Matte Gray M/T ║ SSR GTX01 17x8 ║ Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/45R17 ║ Koni Sport struts & shocks ║ Uniq Strut Tower Brace ║ Uniq Rigid Collars ║ TS Resonator Delete ║ K&N Filter ║
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R Spec Tsukuba Red M/T ║ Hawk Street Race Pads ║ Castrol SRF ║ K&N Filter ║
    2006 Retired racing rescue greyhound Black lazy (deceased )

Quote Originally Posted by RyGuy View Post
    Going to get that done and see if my strange misfires when starting go away.
    It won't, better look at plugs and coils. I had the same issue, dealer thought 1 bad plug, 2 weeks later it was the other 3 plugs and a ignition coil. Now the car runs good again
    2013 Veloster Turbo Matte Gray M/T ║ SSR GTX01 17x8 ║ Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/45R17 ║ Koni Sport struts & shocks ║ Uniq Strut Tower Brace ║ Uniq Rigid Collars ║ TS Resonator Delete ║ K&N Filter ║
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R Spec Tsukuba Red M/T ║ Hawk Street Race Pads ║ Castrol SRF ║ K&N Filter ║

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jpennin1 View Post
    I have an early 2013 Veloster Turbo. I know that at one point in the past, when I brought it in for service they did an ECU update for some other issue. Would that have updated the software to a version that had the problem fixed already? (i.e. Is this recall only going to be for vehicles still on the originally shipped firmware version?)
    Pretty sure this was for the kink in the fuel line, however they did apply a software update as well as all my settings were reset after the new fuel line. Some people posted that there tunes were overwritten so it did appear to be some kind of software flash back then.

This user has no status.

Just called hyundai to see if i had a recall and i do. i have an appointment for june 3rd for "Pre-ignition" recall. Guess you have to call them. They apparently started doing them on may 16. Wish me luck. Ill update you guys on how the car feels afterwards. Oh and i have a 2013 VT that was made in 2012 at the Ulsan plant.

Veloster like a roadster

I haven't either. Did anyone's VIN come up on the Hyundai recall website? Mine didn't.
    100% Stock. Original Rods. 74k miles
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

Veloster like a roadster

I called Hyundai, (855) 671-3059, and they confirmed my car is under recall and scheduled a service appointment. The person I spoke with was not sure why my VIN wasn't coming up on their website.
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

This user has no status.

2013 owner with a build date of Sept 2012 checking in. My vin did not pull up on any of the sites either. Called the number above and was able to confirm that mine is under recall as well. Before I call and schedule an appointment, will the dealership have any problems/issues with having an intake and oil catch cans?

Veloster like a roadster

Doubt it since you are going in for a recall and not warranty work.

This user has no status.

I removed all my mods. intake, catch can, even put back on my stock muffler. I am not taking any chances with Hyundai dealers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links