PSA: 2013 VT LSPI Recall 182 - Page 3

Veloster Turbo Forum

PSA: 2013 VT LSPI Recall 182

This is a discussion on PSA: 2013 VT LSPI Recall 182 within the Veloster Turbo Problems / Help forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; This recall is worded oddly. It says the programming may cause engine failures due to pre-ignition. Are they checking for evidence of damage as well, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: PSA: 2013 VT LSPI Recall 182

This user has no status.

This recall is worded oddly. It says the programming may cause engine failures due to pre-ignition. Are they checking for evidence of damage as well, or just doing a reprogram to avoid possible future damage? If there is evidence, are they going to rebuild/replace engines that suffered damage?

This user has no status.

Im thinking they are doing a reprogram of the ecu software. Something to do with ignition logic and timing to avoid possible damage to engine from pre-ignition which the 2012-2013 built ones suffer from, they have different ecu software according to Hyundai they made tweaks to the ecu 2014 and onwards. But in the recall it does say that Hyundai will compensate owners that paid for repairs due to this recall.

No status does this user have.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyhoundVT View Post
    It won't, better look at plugs and coils. I had the same issue, dealer thought 1 bad plug, 2 weeks later it was the other 3 plugs and a ignition coil. Now the car runs good again
    You were both right and wrong!

I already have replaced all the plugs as well as the coil on cylinder 4 (the one giving me issues).

I had the recall done and it didn't solve it... didn't really notice anything different at all after the reflash... whatever they did it seems pretty minor.
    2013 VT, M/T, Marathon Blue
    Performance Axle-Back Exhaust
    ARK GT-F Springs
    DD 6000k HID Low's
    TS Strut Tower Brace
    Rigid Collars
    Intercooler Resonator Delete
    Dual PIAA Horns
    Shifter Cable Bushings
    225/40R18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS-06
    Coming Soon: ADD-W1 Catch Can, Shifter Base Bushings

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

Veloster like a roadster

Had my software updated yesterday. Took about 30 minutes. Guess now all these oil catch cans and premium gas talk is obsolete. Haha Living the worry free life from here on out.
    100% Stock. Original Rods. 74k miles
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

No status does this user have.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
    Had my software updated yesterday. Took about 30 minutes. Guess now all these oil catch cans and premium gas talk is obsolete. Haha Living the worry free life from here on out.
    To each their own... but I'm still only going to run Premium!
    2013 VT, M/T, Marathon Blue
    Performance Axle-Back Exhaust
    ARK GT-F Springs
    DD 6000k HID Low's
    TS Strut Tower Brace
    Rigid Collars
    Intercooler Resonator Delete
    Dual PIAA Horns
    Shifter Cable Bushings
    225/40R18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS-06
    Coming Soon: ADD-W1 Catch Can, Shifter Base Bushings

This user has no status.

Just got my recall in the mail. Scheduled service 6/28
    E9C900A likes this.

My dog is faster then yours

I too have it scheduled for next week. Will continue to use premium fuel and high quality oil/change every 3.5k.

I'm guessing there was some bug that when near LSPI, the software freaked out... and the results was a boom.
    2013 Veloster Turbo Matte Gray M/T ║ SSR GTX01 17x8 ║ Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/45R17 ║ Koni Sport struts & shocks ║ Uniq Strut Tower Brace ║ Uniq Rigid Collars ║ TS Resonator Delete ║ K&N Filter ║
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R Spec Tsukuba Red M/T ║ Hawk Street Race Pads ║ Castrol SRF ║ K&N Filter ║
    2006 Retired racing rescue greyhound Black lazy (deceased )

This user has no status.

PSA: 2013 VT LSPI Recall 182

Umm, no. Just poor tuning in the area where LSPI most often occurs (1500-3000 RPM). Too lean and too much boost, catalyzed by deteriorating combustion chamber conditions (increasing fuel dilution of oil, increasing amount of hydrocarbon deposits, inadequate oil type, too much calcium in oil) over time.
    Last edited by E9C900A; 06-11-2019 at 03:15 AM.

This user has no status.

Compensation for Work?

Quote Originally Posted by BartuVT View Post
    Im thinking they are doing a reprogram of the ecu software. Something to do with ignition logic and timing to avoid possible damage to engine from pre-ignition which the 2012-2013 built ones suffer from, they have different ecu software according to Hyundai they made tweaks to the ecu 2014 and onwards. But in the recall it does say that Hyundai will compensate owners that paid for repairs due to this recall.
    What are they compensating people for? A few months back, I had a bad misfire accelerating onto the freeway, where I just lost power, and the car jerked a bit. The check engine light flashed, and then stayed on. When I finally got it to my mechanic a week later (after babying the hell out of it for that week), it was my #3 coil, and the spark plug. Is this something that they are compensating for under this recall? It seems to me, to be related.

Veloster like a roadster

Quote Originally Posted by beauhawk View Post
    What are they compensating people for? A few months back, I had a bad misfire accelerating onto the freeway, where I just lost power, and the car jerked a bit. The check engine light flashed, and then stayed on. When I finally got it to my mechanic a week later (after babying the hell out of it for that week), it was my #3 coil, and the spark plug. Is this something that they are compensating for under this recall? It seems to me, to be related.
    No this recall is separate. It is too prevent your engine from boom. You just had a bad ignition coil which is also common in our cars (I had 2 go out in mine and replaced the other two for good measure).
    100% Stock. Original Rods. 74k miles
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links