Sticking clutch pedal

Veloster Turbo Forum

Sticking clutch pedal

This is a discussion on Sticking clutch pedal within the Veloster Turbo Problems / Help forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Car is a 2014, 112k miles, more highway than city. My problem is that sometimes the clutch pedal sticks to the floor. Obviously the car ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sticking clutch pedal

This user has no status.

Sticking clutch pedal

Car is a 2014, 112k miles, more highway than city. My problem is that sometimes the clutch pedal sticks to the floor. Obviously the car won't shift when this happens. I have to physically take my foot, hook it under the pedal, and pull it up. It sounds like the pedal is spring loaded and pops back into place when I do this. What's causing the pedal to stick? The clutch engages pretty close to the floor. I'm thinking either the clutch is starting to wear (but that won't cause pedal to stick ) or there is air in the line (which would cause pedal to engage close to the floor).

Are the clutches in these cars hydraulic or cable? I've searched the site for "sticking clutch pedal" and came up with zero results. Anyone have any suggestions or can point me in the right direction on what the culprit is and how to fix? This is really the first time i've been able to get on the forum and look around.

Thanks.

'14 VT Vitamin-C base manual

they are hydraulic pedals, unfortunately the clutch master cylinder is in the trans...
    2012 Boston Red Veloster NA Base Manual BTRcc tuned 167whp / 138wtq SOLD! - TK.COM CAI/catback - Nameless poly motor mount - BTRcc 89 octane tune

2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo Base Manual
    K&N panel filter - Nameless poly motor mount - Curt hitch - CF filler cap - Hawk ceramic pads - PMS torsion bar - UNIQ front strut bar - DZIII tires

2001 Emerald Green Kia Rio Manual
    Overhauled suspension - H&R springs - 1Gb control arms / torsion rods - A6D 1.6L DOHC swap complete!

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by RPW00Mirage View Post
    they are hydraulic pedals, unfortunately the clutch master cylinder is in the trans...
    So, how do you replace them? Drop the tranny? Or have to disassemble it? And any ideas what is causing my pedal to stick to the floor?

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

How often have you changed the brake/clutch fluid and when was the last time it was changed? Is the reservoir full now?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by E9C900A View Post
    How often have you changed the brake/clutch fluid and when was the last time it was changed? Is the reservoir full now?
    Never and Never. I definitely neglected the maintenance aspect, but now am trying to catch up. I couldn't even find the reservoir in the engine bay. maybe I should try looking again

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Doh!!! I thought that was the brake master cylinder. What would that have to do with the clutch? From what I've been reading, it would appear that the slave cylinder is the culprit for the low pedal engagement, and possibly the pedal sticking to the floor and not returning to the up position.

Is there a how-to or step by step to pulling the trans and replacing the slave cylinder?

This user has no status.

Brake and clutch share the same fluid. Might as well start simple and bleed the clutch line first, more than likely the fluid needs to be replaced anyway.
    Last edited by MA1tR!X; 04-14-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    E9C900A likes this.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MA1tR!X View Post
    Brake and clutch share the same fluid. Might as well start simple and bleed the clutch line first, more than likely the fluid needs to be replaced anyway.
    I know the fluids are the same, but are the systems/cylinders linked in some way? Is that what you are trying to say?

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by QWKLIL4 View Post
    I know the fluids are the same, but are the systems/cylinders linked in some way? Is that what you are trying to say?
    The bleed valve for the clutch is under the air intake, so pump the clutch pedal, bleed the clutch valve, get the feeling you prefer in the pedal then top up the brake fluid tank. The systems are only linked by means of using the same fluid. But as I said the fluid likely needs to be replaced anyway requiring every corner to be bled

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links