2014 Veloster Turbo (P0234) Overboost?

Veloster Turbo Forum

This is a discussion on 2014 Veloster Turbo (P0234) Overboost? within the Veloster Turbo Problems / Help forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; I bought a Veloster Turbo back in Feb. of this year, a few days later the engine blew, finally got it back last Thursday, I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 2014 Veloster Turbo (P0234) Overboost?

This user has no status.

I bought a Veloster Turbo back in Feb. of this year, a few days later the engine blew, finally got it back last Thursday, I put a Injen CAI onto the car but for some reason now im getting a Overboost code anytime I actually get onto the gas, I can ease into it at high speeds and it wont throw the car into limp mode, but if I step on it at high speeds you can hear the turbo kinda sputter and then all goes quiet as the car is thrown into limp mode, before I tank it anywhere does anybody have any ideas on WTF is going on? something to do with the wastegate im guessing?

Lit

return everything back to stock & go back to the dealership & show them.
    2016 VT Elite White 7-Speed DCT Tech Package
    Turbosocks 3.5' SRI | 3' Straight Pipe Catback Exhaust | Res-Delete Pipe | Motors Line Front Strut Bar | XE 3TBS | XE ORCP | XE XWEK
    | XE XPVS | 60mm TB | TB Bypass | HKS M45XL Plugs | MAP Sensor 39300-84400 | PUP 5W-30 | Breather & PCV & Oil Cap CSS Venting-to-Atmosphere

This user has no status.

If under warranty return to stock and have dealer fix. If not then look for boost leaks and do what you can to prevent or fix them.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TooGqForYou View Post
    return everything back to stock & go back to the dealership & show them.
    This. Don’t release the car to them until you put a tech in the passenger seat and reproduce the overboost condition for them.
    TooGqForYou likes this.

This user has no status.

"""""UPDATE"""""" Got the car looked at by Hyundai, the tech. said this "CHECKED FOR RESISTANCE AT RCV AND FOUND IT TO BE VERY HIGHT WITH 4OHMS OF RESISTANCE. RECOMMEND REPLACING RCV. ORDERED PART AND PREFORMING REPAIR UNDER GOODWILL FOR CUSTOMER" will post again on Monday after repairs are done, and then another followup to let yall know if the issue was fixed or not!
    RPW00Mirage likes this.

This user has no status.

"""""UPDATE"""""" Got the RCV changed and it did NOT fix the issue, Hyundai is ordering a Boost Solenoid and will be doing that for me as well, free of charge, will post back in another week or 2 depending on when the part gets here

This user has no status.

"""""3RD AND FINAL UPDATE""""""" Issue was resolved today, Hyundai replaced the Solenoid and the car is perfect, shes pulling hard and theres no loss of boost or limp mode anymore shes a purrin

if youre interested in keeping up with the veloster build, follow my IG: Official_Schwartz

This user has no status.

RCV control solenoid or wastegate (boost control) solenoid?

Spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by E9C900A View Post
    RCV control solenoid or wastegate (boost control) solenoid?
    In the sequence of events, he says replacing the RCV did not fix it. Then they tried the boost solenoid, and that did.
    2016 Veloster Rally Edition - Build Thread
    Performance: SXTH Remote Tune, SRI, Shifter Bushings / 60mm TB / Xenon ORHP, ORCP, 3TBS, XPVS / NST Crank & WP pulleys / CNT Catback / Turbosmart Kompact BOV / Tork Boost Solenoid
    Handling: Pierce Rear Torsion Bar / Uniq Rigid Collars / Rev 75A Mount Insert Interior: JCS Pillar Pod / Defi Boost & Volt Gauges
    Exterior: 20% Tint / Hyundai Canada Hood Protector / Molded-in 'Devil' Style Spoiler Misc: Xenon XWEK / Saikou Michi OCC / Cerma Treatments

This user has no status.

I know he mentioned resistance of the RCV from the tech’s report, which is the valve itself and not the RCV control solenoid. That’s why I’m asking for clarification, because many people get the two solenoids confused.
    Last edited by E9C900A; 05-06-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links