High RPM engine cut-out - possible causes other than fuel line? - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

High RPM engine cut-out - possible causes other than fuel line?

This is a discussion on High RPM engine cut-out - possible causes other than fuel line? within the Veloster Turbo Problems / Help forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; I tested from negative battery terminal to passenger side strut tower grounding point = 0 ohms. From driver's side strut tower grounding point to engine ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: High RPM engine cut-out - possible causes other than fuel line?

This user has no status.

I tested from negative battery terminal to passenger side strut tower grounding point = 0 ohms. From driver's side strut tower grounding point to engine block is 0 ohms as well - hopefully those are the measurements you're looking for. If I'm incorrect and got the measurements in the wrong places or wrong way please let me know and I'll try again. Sorry, no pictures - I wasn't able to hold probes in place and use phone at same time.
    All coils are inscribed "27301-2B110" which matches what I was invoiced.
    Per my invoice, the CPS I received is a 39180-2B030
    Looking at my invoices also reminded me of the timeline. The CPS went first, I replaced it on 3/28. The first coil was replaced on 4/9. That is also when I switched to the Autolites because I couldn't get HKS or NGK plugs fast enough - I know, no excuses.
    I've ordered the NGK's you recommended, TRD - I will receive them on Wednesday.

This user has no status.

Got the NGKs today. Going to gap and install after work!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    E9C900A likes this.

This user has no status.

Gapped all plugs and installed but still having the same problem. The worst part is I still have no CEL or codes stored. (Traction control is off when this happens as well.)
    What do you all think my next step should be?

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

High RPM engine cut-out - possible causes other than fuel line?

0 ohms is impossible, unless your multimeter can’t read below 1.0. Are you using an XWEK?

Since we haven’t seen any video or Torque Pro logs showing fuel rail pressure during reproduction of the issue, the next logical steps would be replacing the low pressure fuel pump (LPFP), re-test, then high pressure fuel pump (HPFP), re-test, then fuel injectors, re-test.

Before you go that route, we should return to basics for a bit. Even though you are using CERMA Evo, have you had the intake valves and combustion chambers borescoped? Just so we can rule hydrocarbon deposition out.

Finally, how old is your battery?
    Last edited by E9C900A; 05-01-2019 at 05:32 PM.

This user has no status.

I will try using a different multimeter from one of the other guys at the shop. Don't have an XWEK, but do want one. There's quite a few items I'd like to get (many small mods to do like that still to make things run better), but I won't get OT with all of that. It sounds like the smart use of money at this point would be to get hooked up with an OBD2 scanner, so I ordered one on Amazon and will get Saturday. This weekend, I will post video of the event and logs as well. I have not had my engine borescoped, but I work with a lot of car guys so I'll ask around and see what I can do. I treated with the "shot" of CERMA about 15,000 miles ago and have used EVO ever since then, so I am interested to see what condition things are in at this point. Battery is probably original and could stand to be replaced for sure. We had a few frigid spurts (into the negatives) here in northern WV a few times this past winter and I had some weak cranking those mornings. It's been on the mental "to-do" list, just not done yet.

This user has no status.

Link to my Torque PRO logs:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-oP...ew?usp=sharing
    Link to video of event (not simultaneous with Torque logs):

Hopefully this is helpful.
    The event happens at line 391-ish (climbing through second gear) and again at line 448 (throttle stab with a downshift)

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MooCowX View Post
    Link to my Torque PRO logs:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-oP...ew?usp=sharing
    Link to video of event (not simultaneous with Torque logs):

Hopefully this is helpful.
    The event happens at line 391-ish (climbing through second gear) and again at line 448 (throttle stab with a downshift)
    Fueling issue for sure and possibly some tq intervention in the tune as well.

Really need a log with much less being logged for better clarity and in 3rd and/or 4th gear 3k to redline a few times.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

This user has no status.

Thanks - fueling has been my gut feeling. I can do another run (on the interstate this time) tomorrow. There's a nice stretch in Ohio I can use to do the pulls requested. Which PIDs are most helpful to log? As you can see, I kinda just through everything at the wall there to see what would stick ...

This user has no status.

Name:  Screenshot_20190504-232145_Torque.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  892.3 KB
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

This user has no status.

Okay, I got another run in.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xh...gvM1YCCE-vJYef
    Did several back-to-back pulls starting at 3000 (first in 3rd, than a couple in 4th). Those start at line 328.
    Then I turned around (~line 400) (I was on WV rt 2 along Ohio River, instead of interstate). Did a couple more pulls on way back, one starts at line 459, the other at line 515.
    Seems to be happening consistently right around 6000 rpm. My instinct is to get off the throttle when it happens. If I keep my foot in the throttle, I can hear the turbo spool / intake sucking in air, but the car does not accelerate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links