Overheating issues

Veloster Turbo Forum

Overheating issues

This is a discussion on Overheating issues within the Veloster Turbo Problems / Help forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; Hello! I drive a 2014 Veloster Turbo The issue I am having is it is overheating. It started a month ago. Starts just fine. Temp ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Overheating issues

This user has no status.

Overheating issues

Hello! I drive a 2014 Veloster Turbo
    The issue I am having is it is overheating. It started a month ago. Starts just fine. Temp gauge makes it up to where it’s suppose to be and drives good for 10-15 minutes then it starts overheating. The only thing that kept it from overheating severely was I turned heater on full blast and it brought it back down to normal temp. Have had it in the shop a few times since. There is no leaks and coolant is filled to appropriate level. I’ve had them pressure test it and good to go there no leaks. Next was a coolant flush. Still overheated after that. Then was told fan didn’t look like it was spinning fast enough. Which it really doesn’t. So control module was replaced to fan. Still overheats. Next is either fan motor and relay. This is getting frustrating really fast. If the relay was bad for the fan would it cause fan to not spin as fast as it should ? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated I’m slowly losing my mind lol!

This user has no status.

Or a stuck thermostat, but coolant is getting to the heater core. The fan only really kicks in with stop and go traffic or really hot weather. The radiator could be broken down internally (unlikely) or the engine itself may not be getting enough oil (but you would be having other issues).

This user has no status.

Check all mechanical components; fans, sensors/connections, wiring, water pump.

Now is a great time to put a 160°F thermostat in and switch to a better coolant, cut with distilled water to make about a 75/25 coolant/water mix.

4. Remove Advertisements
    VelosterTurbo.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by E9C900A View Post
    Check all mechanical components; fans, sensors/connections, wiring, water pump.

Now is a great time to put a 160°F thermostat in and switch to a better coolant, cut with distilled water to make about a 75/25 coolant/water mix.
    I like this idea because if my next repairs the fan motor and relay don’t fix the problems. I probably will be replacing thermostat and perhaps radiator cap next
    And I honestly do not think it could be the radiator or condenser. They were replaced about a year and a half ago. Ran an animal that jumped in front of vehicle..

Veloster like a roadster

I'm surprised the thermostat wasn't the first item replaced. I would go to a different shop/dealer. Sounds like "Technicians" trying to do a mechanics job.
    Incognito likes this.
    100% Stock. Original Rods. 74k miles
    Accessories: Bell roof rack, Whistler radar detector, Cheap dashcam, 2 Graco carseats, Baby on Board sticker, EZ Drain oil valve, quick release bumper clips.
    Future Plans: When its paid off which coincides with the warranty being up: Set of Winter and Summer tires each on separate rims, exhaust, intake, BOV.
    Maintenance: 5w30 Full Synthetic Dexos 2 Castrol GTX MAGNATEC. Change every 3,000 miles and fill up with Regular gasoline.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
    I'm surprised the thermostat wasn't the first item replaced. I would go to a different shop/dealer. Sounds like "Technicians" trying to do a mechanics job.
    Well he said he did a check and I did as well on upper and lower radiator hoses and they are both very hot. I think normally if it’s the thermostat one will be cooler than the other. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

This user has no status.

Compression and leak down test performed? Bubbles or air in coolant while running? Check coolant for signs of combustion gasses? When exactly does it run hot after driving. While moving? Slow speeds? Stopped? What temps are you calling hot? Datalog it at all?
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by trdtoy View Post
    Compression and leak down test performed? Bubbles or air in coolant while running? Check coolant for signs of combustion gasses? When exactly does it run hot after driving. While moving? Slow speeds? Stopped? What temps are you calling hot? Datalog it at all?
    I have no data logging equipment. I said earlier I have had them do a compression test and no leaks it held pressure. The coolant looks normal. It seems to be fine when driving at a good pace like 25-30 mph or faster. It seems to start to overheat once I hit traffic or am idling at a stop for a bit.

This user has no status.

Radiator cap not holding pressure?

This user has no status.

If you were given the results of the tests and it was something other then pass/good post them. It does seem like a cooling fan related issue if that's only time it overheating.
    '15 Auto VT

PB's with slips and video:

60' ET 2.05
    1/8 ET 8.70
    1/8 MPH 85.68 MPH
    1/4 ET 13.421
    1/4 MPH 105.57 MPH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links