Engine differences? - Page 2

Veloster Turbo Forum

Engine differences?

This is a discussion on Engine differences? within the VT2 Discussions forums, part of the Veloster Turbo Forum category; I poked around a little for bore/stroke and other engine info and havenít placed it yet. If someone already knows about engine dimensions and how ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Engine differences?

This user has no status.
    I poked around a little for bore/stroke and other engine info and havenít placed it yet. If someone already knows about engine dimensions and how they accomplished the compression raise it would be interesting info.
    Turbo Got Dam it
    13 Veloster Turbo Base AT
    1/2 Gut
    TB Coolant bypass
    Modded airbox
    BPV to BOV
    More to come

This user has no status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flareon View Post
    I poked around a little for bore/stroke and other engine info and havenít placed it yet. If someone already knows about engine dimensions and how they accomplished the compression raise it would be interesting info.
    bore - 77mm
    stroke - 85.4mm

displacement - 1.591 L

I don't think this varies between years. And any variance would be to displacement not compression.

If I have time I'll see if I can find anything else out about what new parts were used to increase compression.

This user has no status.
    Pistons in the 2018 elantra gt sport (23041-2AA1, 23041-2BAB1, 23041-2BAC1) it looks like are the same as whats in my 2015 forte sx (same compression ratio as v1 velosters).

Head gasket (22311-2B610) is also the same as my 2015. (Not that a head gasket alone would make up that 0.5 difference but it could be a part of it.)

So that pretty much just leaves the cylinder head itself.
    In the elantra gt sport the head is (22100-2B705-S). Mine is 22100-2B702. Seems like the last digit in the parts number has gradually incremented over time. So probably not substantial changes.
    Like (i think) I mentioned before, its the "-s" designation that draws my attention.

My money would be that to swap oem parts to increase compression one would have to get a whole new head. You can buy one new for $1000.
    Flareon likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links