Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my VT out to the track on Saturday. The weather was perfect for racing, clear with temps in the lower 60's. This event was to promote racing on the track as opposed to the street so unfortunately the boards were turned off and no time slips. I was hoping to know what I was running but either way, I ran 4 times. The first 2 against a Gen Coupe (1 dig and 1 roll). 3rd race was against an Acura TSX I believe. I left him way behind on a 20 roll. Lastly was against a turbo Sonic with a tune and intake. Got him as well. Here's the video's for the 2 runs against the Gen Coupe.

This is from a dig. I got an awesome jump on him. He almost caught me at the end but failed to. My 13 year old too the video on his phone. Towards the end you can hear my 3 year old saying "Go Papi go! Go Papi go!" Papi = Daddy in Spanish. LOL

This run was from a 20 roll. I got a nice jump on him again but he pulled on me at the end getting me by about 1 1/2 cars.

Reactions: littlemurillo

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on it but waiting for a certain company to release it. I've only got an intake and resonator delete as you can see in my sig but the Gen guys were impressed. One of them came up to me and told me it was running hard. He first asked if I was spraying, when I told him no he asked if I had a tune. He was surprised when I told him no, just an intake.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't ask. I did launch awesome though. No spinning whatsoever. I was proud of myself. LOL

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah probably earlier gen. Thanks!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Nice! Looking forward to an opportunity like this so I can officially see how I stack up against some other cars. Mainly wanting to see how I can pull against my buddies GTI and ST. I know they will have the advantage but I want to see. Of course, I wanna run a cobalt SS/SC and a tuned cruze too. The cruze only because I had one, and thought that once tuned it would be the shit but never got around to it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I plan on it but waiting for a certain company to release it. I've only got an intake and resonator delete as you can see in my sig but the Gen guys were impressed. One of them came up to me and told me it was running hard. He first asked if I was spraying, when I told him no he asked if I had a tune. He was surprised when I told him no, just an intake.
I'm running the updated stage 0+ on my auto. I'm down to meet up for a test drive if you want to get a base line for tunes.

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
Nice! Looking forward to an opportunity like this so I can officially see how I stack up against some other cars. Mainly wanting to see how I can pull against my buddies GTI and ST. I know they will have the advantage but I want to see. Of course, I wanna run a cobalt SS/SC and a tuned cruze too. The cruze only because I had one, and thought that once tuned it would be the shit but never got around to it.
DYNOJET Results
08' EVO X stock = 269.57whp | w/ CMD Tune = 345.17whp
STI '14 (2.5L)stock dyno = 244whp
ST stock dyno = 240whp.
MazdaSpeed3 Stock w/CAI = 263whp | Stock = 239whp (2 different day results)
GTI stock w/intake = 205whp
Civic Si '12 stock = 175whp
Civic Si '09 = 225whp/155 ft\lbs
Stock intake, throttle, Intake manifold
Exhaust manifold Mods are
Skunk2 stage 2 cams with complete valve train, intake manifold gasket, NST pulleys, competition stage 2 clutch, competition super light flywheel, go power 3" exhaust, k20a2 oil pump, tuned on flashpro

Based on
Insane Speed Motorsports Cruze Dyno Results
Cruze Turbo dyno =
First Run in "ECO" mode
HP: 110.1
TQ: 141.4
No Clutch Slippage was present

Second Run in "Sport Mode"
HP: 162.3
TQ: 185.6
Slight Clutch slippage was present due to the new tune

Third Run in "Sport Mode"
HP: 145.5
TQ: 193.3
Lots of Clutch slippage as soon as they hit 4K RPM, it was already heated from the 2 runs prior.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm running the updated stage 0+ on my auto. I'm down to meet up for a test drive if you want to get a base line for tunes.
Sounds like a plan. I'm also planning on maybe going to the track again next month. But this time I want to be sure there will be time slips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts