Veloster Turbo Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,256 Posts
You'll need to data different pid at the fastest update rate you can in specific ways to better see what may be going on. Right now you're logging way too many pid so the important data is not as good as it can be.

From the data provided it looks as if it may be hitting tune limiters but can't tell 100%.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You'll need to data different pid at the fastest update rate you can in specific ways to better see what may be going on. Right now you're logging way too many pid so the important data is not as good as it can be.

From the data provided it looks as if it may be hitting tune limiters but can't tell 100%.
What specific parameter ID's should I record,?

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
.1 second log interval, do not log the GPS or G sensors, and pulls in 3rd gear up a grade or 4th gear on flat ground will be best from a 3k rpm start to redline if possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
UPDATE: After replacing the fuel pump with the DW 65 C I had no change. I am still getting a power cut at 4500 rpm. Again the wastegate solenoid has been replaced with a Mac valve and the BOV control solenoid has been replaced with the peirburg. After this, I was at a loss. @trdtoy was very helpful in suggesting what data logging hardware and software to use. I performed the data logging and it appears that I am hitting the stock tune limiters. Leading to needing a tune. I was on the fence about 6th element or @trdtoy. I decided to go with @trdtoy with Qwik Tyme performance. He was very helpful in the diagnosing process. He suggested a 0 stage tune first to get a good baseline all the way through rev limiter and then step up the tune from there. I should be getting the ECU back this week hopefully and will post an update then of what we find. Looking forward to it!

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
I believe we sorted this out.....

It took datalogs of the stage 0 tune and comparing to data from dozens of other cars, reading back years on information, and talking to people that had the same issues for me to come up with 2 most likely issues with his VT. Turns out it was the cheaper fix of replacing the crank sensor!

Good thing the stage 0 tune was in there or it would have cut anyway at a little higher rpm than it did before on the oem tune which did not match the sticker on the ecu anyway. But now the logs look pretty good with no cut on 89 octane fuel all the way to redline!

·
Administrator
6,256 Posts
Safer than stock tune afr from low to high rpm. (No LSPI worries here like the oem tune has)

No cut from tune limiters hit due to mods. (Oem tune will 100% cut throttle on this car based on the mods due to hitting load limits from flow mods and pull 15-20 whp minimum.)

Great timing curve from low to high rpm no signs of KR. (Steady rise in timing to redline is a good thing to see.)

OEM boost levels. But they will fluctuate with IAT and elevation/barometric pressure better than the oem tune to maintain consistent power in most conditions.

Many other things improved in the stage 0 which will be further improved with tune revisions before going to stage 1 tune levels which will really wake the car up! ;-)

Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Electric blue

21 - 28 of 28 Posts