Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have owned my Veloster turbo for a few months now. A little while ago I started experiencing surging during WOT. I took the car into the dealer and they replaced the turbo pressure sensor. Get the car back, still surging. Hyundai looked at the car again and noticed that the fuel pump was failing. They replaced the fuel pump and the issue went away for a few weeks. Except its back again. Most noticeable when in 3rd gear getting onto the highway. It feels as though the car is falling in and out of boost. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be? Car is 100% stock and is 6 speed manual.

·
Super Moderator
3,074 Posts
fuel line?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was thinking that. However, my car isnt covered under the recall?
They went by serial numbers on the recall.
Not that I know a whole lot about it, but that seemed like they think that only certain cars at a certain period of time or certain batch of fuel lines installed in the factory had bad fuel lines.
Someone recommended to change the fuel line regardless, don't trust Hyundai. I got a '13 and according to my VIN, I don't get a recall either,
I bought aftermarket fuel line, but I haven't installed them. I don't have a a surge problem, but I may install them when I get enough willpower to get the car in the air and climb under.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Car is 100% stock and is 6 speed manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts