Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to these forums but wanted to see who could help. About 3 months ago I went catless to a MBRP exaust and hadn’t had any issues till now,. I don’t if it’s because if the exhaust bit the car keeps misfireig. Did plugs and the coil and worked for a few days. Would a tune solve this?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,032 Posts
What kind and # plugs and coils did you put in? We’re they gapped properly. What is the miles. Year and trans. Need all the details !

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
6,151 Posts
Need much more info on the car or we will be of no useful help here.

Oem tune? Plug part number? Plug gap? Coil part number? Were all 4 of each replaced? Fuel octane? When exactly does it misfire? List all the codes.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
168 Posts
New to these forums but wanted to see who could help. About 3 months ago I went catless to a MBRP exaust and hadn’t had any issues till now,. I don’t if it’s because if the exhaust bit the car keeps misfireig. Did plugs and the coil and worked for a few days. Would a tune solve this?
Misfires can be caused by lots of things. I don't think it would be the exhaust by itself, but it may have made an existing problem worse.
1. check spark plugs and coils
if you have a way to check any misfire codes, it should tell you which cylinder is misfiring. Move the coil from that cylinder to another one and see if it moves. this is the simplest step. If it doesn't, move the plug and check again
2. Air
See if your air filter is clogged. If it isn't spark related, then it's usually air related.
3. fuel
Make sure the engine is getting enough gas and nothing is clogging up.
4. wire connections
check to see if any cables have come loose. If you had a shop look at it already, then it may not be the problem. check the wires for any damage

The most helpful things we would need are any error codes from the car, type of spark plug, type of coil, and spark plug gap. that will give us more context so we can get a better picture of what's going on

1 - 5 of 5 Posts