Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife has a 2013 with about 150K miles. All stock I was driving a few weeks ago and all of a sudden it seemed to go into a limp home mode. Very slow acceleration, almost no power. No check engine light. After a few minutes it fixed itself. It happened again the other day. Same results but it lasted about 20 minutes. I was driving at highway speeds so didn't check it but when I would slow down, little acceleration. Then it fixed itself again. Wife said it happened to her once before in the past (6 months ago?).

I put a turbo on it (stock replacement) earlier this year and it seems to run much better. While I was at it I replaced the plugs and anything else that needed it. We had the dealer recall software update a couple months ago.

Thoughts? What should I check? I assume it is something electrical and more than likely in the ECM or something like that. But I have no idea.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Proper plugs and gaps every 50k miles, proper oem coils every 50k miles, proper ecu tune, upgraded aftermarket fuel line, 91+ fuel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts